Ball valve on Chugger output??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my experience with any ball valve some are better than others. But they all cause some level of flow issues. If i have to use them i love full port valves as there is less geometry versus other types of ball valves. I personally prefer butterfly valves. Unless it is a major issue to your setup i think most of us just ignore that part.

Yes, I am using full port ball valve. The trouble that I have is I am seeing the Bernoulli principle in action. Huge speed increase (less volume, of course), and foam in the line. Am I the only one?

I run two 815 mag pumps and aside from running the pump after a kettle is empty :eek: there's never any foam in the output line.

I would suspect there's a sucking air leak somewhere in your system, but at this point a picture clearly showing the pump and the tubing going in and out is in order...

Cheers!

Agree, sounds like you are entraining air somewhere in your system. You should not have foam in the line. This is not from the valve or turbulent flow.

Update: System ran great for two batches this past Saturday. I don't know what my issue was, but it is fixed. I had to throttle back quite a bit to keep the output from Therminator below 70 degrees. Worked like a charm.

Latest posts

Back