Balancing my system...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostfish

Reaction score
Hello,

I am having trouble serving kegged beer from a kegerator I modified. Everything I've read says that I need to keep the kegs at around 12 psi and 38 degrees for serving, considering the dispensing line ID is 3/16" and 5 ft long to provide the correct resistance. All of these things are spot on in my system, yet when I open the taps, beer comes barreling out and I can fill a glass before I can blink. I know the beer is not overcarbonated, the lines are clean, I'm at a loss. I know I can lengthen the beer lines to provide more resistance, but am trying to figure this out. Any help would be awesome...and happy father's day! :mug:

If you are going to stick with the 5' then you need to lower your pressure about 2 psi or lower the temp about 3-4 degrees (possibly both). I run nearly the same settings but my serving lines are 6.5' long and I get a nice pour with good carbonation in the beer.

[...]I know I can lengthen the beer lines to provide more resistance, but am trying to figure this out. Any help would be awesome[...]

Replace the 3/16" ID lines with at least 10 footers and you should be in fine shape.

and happy father's day! :mug:

Same to you! It's been a fine fathers (and grandfathers) day for me! :)

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back