Back into it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkov

Reaction score
I was pretty much fully into the hobby a decade ago. I sold my keezer and some gear about 6 years ago, stopped brewing for the most apart around 10. years ago What has changed for the most part? I was brewing in a cooler but BIAB was popular when i left the hobby.

Last edited:
The All-in-One electric brewing system is the rage right now. You can get an Anvil Foundry in 6.5 gallon, 10.5 gallon and 18 gallon capacity with good value for the money.

The 6.5 is what most small batch brewers are using. two to 2.5 gallon batches. The 10.5 works well for most average OG 5 gallon batches and the 18 will hand 10 gallon batches.

The 6.5 and 10.5 can operate using either 120v or 240v just by flipping a switch on the unit and of course for 240v you will need an adapter cord which I believe you can get from Blichmann and the appropriate outlet in your brewing area. The 18 gallon Foundry only works on 240v.

All have an optional recirculation kit that comes with a pump and hoses ($99) and all come with an immersion chiller.

You can get into the 6.5 for $350... the 10.5 for $425.... and the 18 is at $699. That's without the recirculation kits.

All you need after that is your post boil equipment... fermenter, packaging, etc.

Back