Back at it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leirbag

Reaction score
I took a break from brewing and next thing I realized 5 years went by. Just like that.

I recently got an itch to brew but I struggled with the logistics of collecting my equipment - some in the garage, some in a closet, and some elsewhere.

I remembered that I had interest in brewing 1 gallon batches so I thought maybe I'll get back into it the small way. Went to my local home brew supply store and bought a few things for 1 gallon brews - 1 gal fermentor, small stirring spoon, shorter siphon thingy. . .

I fell back in love with it. The process of brewing 1 gallon as opposed to 5 + gallons is so much easier. The time is somewhat the same but everything just seemed simpler. I am back in.

Brewed my first 1 gallon batch today, SMaSH of 2 row and citrus hops. Really looking forward to the results. Don't know if this will take me back to brewing larger amounts but damn it felt good to brew. The smell alone brought me back [emoji7] .

Cheers, here's to 1 gallon batches!

Back