Back After A While

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
It’s been several years since I was a regular on the board. I’m a high school band director and when I started my most recent job, my life got really busy and had less time to brew. I never stopped, but it only happened a few times a year.

My work hasn’t really changed but I’ve got better at making time available and getting back into brewing regularly has been a goal.

The last time I brewed was last May, so I’ve spent a couple weekends getting equipment cleaned up, fixed or replaced and between last weekend and yesterday I’ve brewed three times.

I made a Milk Stout last Saturday and then made a Red IPA on the following Sunday. Yesterday I kegged the Milk Stout and brewed a Dry Irish Stout, repitching the yeast.

You know a beer is great when you pull a sample from the fermenter and it’s warm and flat but it still tastes great. I had to pour some more. I miss that. It was great to experience that again yesterday.

Another something I haven’t done in a while - break the hydrometer.

It’s good to be back and I plan on brewing a bunch in the next couple months. I’m in the LA area, specifically, Torrance if anyone wants to meet up or swap Homebrew.

Cheers everyone!

Bryan Smith
Brewsmith

Welcome Back! Congratulations on being a band director. It's been awhile, but I was in band all thru junior high and high school, along with being in the Long Beach Junior Concert Band for 5 years. Still keep in touch with some of my old friends.

Back