Bacchus willed me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VGMeads

Reaction score
Hello all, My name is Vincent. I had an overwhelming urge to start making mead, and since it is a part of my Italian heritage, I thought I would. Currently living in Billings, Montana, there is little in the way of getting my hands on mead.... Closet meadery is in Washington, called Sky River. Sky River's distributor dropped the raspberry mead, which was my favorite. I'm tired of having to look, without success, for a good mead, or a mead in general, has also helped me in my decision to make my own.

Here I am. Hello.

Nay, Hidden Legend Winery in Victor, MT makes 6 different award winning meads including a huckleberry mead. You should check it out.

I had myself a huckleberry mead... it was terrible... it was bitter and had a heavy hint of 'nail polish remove' to it. It seemed like they just added honey to huckleberry wine.

Hello, good luck with the mead, I've tried a few times and also come up with something resembling nail poish!

I was only trying to help, but I have to admit that I have yet to find a decent commercially-made mead. I'll have to get my folks in Bozeman send me some fresh huckleberries so I can make it.

And I appreciate the help! I like Sky River, they do amazing commercial mead.... The huckleberry that I had was indeed Hidden Legend, it was bad.... I kept the bottle to reuse, though, lol

the label says "60% Honeywine, 40% Huckleberry wine" so yeah, they just added honey to their wine and called it good. Apparently it won Bronze in the Finger lake International competition.

Back