Baby's First Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.northernbrewer.com/priming-sugar-calculator/

Use this priming sugar calculator. The current temperature field that you have to enter should be the highest temperature the beer reached during fermentation

So does 3.17oz sound about right?

Also, keep in mind if your basement has a concrete floor, that acts as a huge heat sink, absorbing heat and cooling the bucket. If you want to push the yeast to a higher temp, try placing the fermenter on a couple 2x4s.

Yeah, in the workshop it was on direct concrete. I guess the carpeted area I moved it to is resting upon concrete too. I'll try the next one on the ground floor. I can even move it upstairs too if I need to eek a little more heat out of the house, but I'm afraid of overshooting since the house thermostat is set to 68. It feels a bit colder, but I'm willing to experiment, even if just for a day just to get a reading with the fermentation added.

So does 3.17oz sound about right?

I don't know what the highest temp is that you've reached, but I used 64 degrees and came up with 3.17 oz so (assuming 64 was the temp and 2.3 Vols of co2 was desired) it sounds spot on. I find that 2.3 volumes is a little low for my taste. I usually like 2.4 for amber/reds/ipa's/etc so you may want to go a pinch over 3.17, but that's your call

Latest posts

Back