Avery Brewing Company's Recipes For Homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smata67

Reaction score
Posted many years ago on their site for the benefit of homebrewers wanting to brew Avery's beers at home. The hop schedules need a little work, they were not quite properly formatted for 5 gallon homebrew batches, so you will need to make some adjustments.

Attachments

• Avery Recipes.pdf
    805.2 KB · Views: 146
Wow! So glad you posted this.. I just had Ellie's brown a few weeks ago and it's almost instantly become one of mine and my wife's favorites.

Sterling hops are still mostly available, but Bullion, not so much. Someone needs to revive interest in this vintage hop. It was hard to find 10 years ago, as a matter of fact. Now, very, very hard to find.

Ellies and Turbodog were my favorite brown ales when I ventured in that direction. Two dog-centric brown ales. Gotta love them. Dogs, that is.

Last edited:
Sterling hops are still mostly available, but Bullion, not so much. Someone needs to revive interest in this vintage hop. It was hard to find 10 years ago, as a matter of fact. Now, very, very hard to find.

Ellies and Turbodog were my favorite brown ales when I ventured in that direction. Two dog-centric brown ales. Gotta love them. Dogs, that is.

I've never even heard of Bullion. Is there a good substitute for it?

Thanks for posting this! Ellie's Brown is an excellent brew. So are all of the other ones on the list that I've had, and I'm sure the ones I haven't! Cheers!

Brewer's Gold seems to be the best sub for Bullion. Avery still lists some of their brews as using Bullion, probably the only brewery still using this hop. I plan on hitting my LHBS manana to see if they have some old stock.

Back