Auber NC switch blocks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffalanmcclain

Reaction score
Anyone else have problems with the NC (modular stacked) switch blocks with lights integrated in the 3-way disengaging?

https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_32&products_id=743
Mine, when stacked in an Interlock protection manner, don't quite "disengage". It's like they have just a little too little "throw" on the lobe of the 3-way to push it all the way up into the toggled / flipped disengaged position. Not sure if that is for a MAKE BEFORE BREAK type contact or what, but it sucks. Seems to work if placed on the first stack level, but on second or higher, it never disengages (this is on like 7 different NC switches on 3 out of 5 different 3-way switch blocks). Overall, I really like the modular nature and the lit feature of these switch blocks, but not having them toggle is sucky.

Ordered these exact same switches for my build and experienced a similar issue on one of my switch blocks. Playing around with a multimeter, I discovered if I flipped the switches aggressively, they operated just fine, but when I moved them with what I'd consider a normal amount of force, they didn't always make contact. In my build I had some unused switch blocks and messed around with swapping them until everything worked without having to switch things aggressively. Currently I have two sets of blocks stacked without issue, but when testing I managed to get three sets stacked successfully. Given the fact that I had the extra blocks on hand and was eager to get the new rig running, I didn't think much of it at the time. Might be worth reaching out to Auber about this though - I've had great response times from their support.

Thanks. I played with like 4 spare NC blocks trying to get one to work. 3 of the 4 didn't on the "bad" switch block (meaning, I think, that the actual clearance in the two bad 3-way switches is probably slightly less compared to the other 3 that seemed to "work"). Ultimately, I played around with different "additions" until I got just the right added height to the post with some heat gun glue...seemed to fix it, though I'm worried about it wearing down.

Yikes! I'd definitely reach out to Auber about that - I wasn't worried with only a single contact block acting funky. I wonder if some cut up plastic from Tupperware or the like wouldn't hold up better than just hot glue.

Back