Apfelwein question. Meat???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW.

Dug this one up from mbaha... no wonder we banned has azz.

Still.

There was Charlie Paps Chicken Beer and Pork shore do taste good with apples.

I'll PM our resident fringe beer expert.

I have been thinking about this. When I was a kid, my grandfather made a pork hock "stew" and I think it had apples in it. I don't want chunks in my applewein, but maybe a little pork/applesauce combo would be good.

The key to this is to present it in such a way as to make people not think it is any different than cider; who are never going to want the funky pork flavor. That will make it possible for them to try it. The benefit of a something like this is that you can introduce different flavor elements, so it can be an eperiment at some point.

The only problem is that the fat from the pork might not clear.

I was thinking something that might affect the head.

I will begin working on a vaccine for the deadly disease that porkfelwein will create resulting in killing millions of people across the world.

something totally out of the ordinary. what about:

steeping in alcohol and extracing the fat by freezing?

heh, it could be this is easy!

ever notice how action some things start out with a great name?

porkfelwein
beer
tits

this is basically 2 greay things rolled into one.

i am definately going try this.

I had a GREAT IDEA (well I thought so anyway) to make this back in about 1983 or so:

I chewed up my ham sandwich and spit it back in my milk in order to gross out my mates in school.

I left it on top of my locker.

The following week I opened up the container and it was like a punch in the face.

So same effect as a shot of alcohol!

If it turns out anything like that YOU COPIED MY IDEA! LOL

olllllo said:
WOW.

Dug this one up from mbaha... no wonder we banned has azz.

Still.

There was Charlie Paps Chicken Beer and Pork shore do taste good with apples.

I'll PM our resident fringe beer expert.

You rang?

While I love the idea of experimenting, I think the it could work as long as the there is sufficient alcohol and the pork flavor didn't 'get in the way' of the apple. I guess what I'm saying is that there is a difference between a good idea and one that mearly works.

I think the idea is great though, and I'd love to tell you that it won't taste like a**.

I'd STILL love to tell you that it won't taste like a**.

Yet still.

Here is where we find out who is an uptight homebrewer and who is the a slobby (I'll drink anything) BMC drinker.

PeteOz77 said:
I had a GREAT IDEA (well I thought so anyway) back in about 1983 or so:

I don't know. I mean, won't there be some issues like with botulism? I like bacon as much as the next guy, but I think you guys are carrying this too far.

Somebody needs to try this out, too weird an idea not to. I imagine the first time people attempted many of our favorite oddball dishes/drinks other people must have thought they were crazy. :fro:

I like the idea of playing with different ideas all the time. I like fermentation, and I like preserving foods. What could we expect in the way of flavors and/or colors?

Where do I start?

• Lame idea
  • Dry porking?
  • So You think you can make this?
  • In the real World
  • Moment of truth
  • Let me know how this turns out.
I don't care what anybody says, Apfelwein is the ****. I don't know if it should be messed with, but it's a cool idea nonetheless.

But I absolutely hate pork.

Ground Hogs Day II - Election Day

starring Al Gore as the Presidential Candidate who keeps waking up on election day with a container of dry porked apfelwein.

Well here we go!
Did this a few days ago.
Got some pork cutlets..
CIMG2330.jpg

CIMG2342.jpg

After a few hours it cleared up. Hard to tell here.

CIMG2345.jpg

My idea is similar to Donasay's, but with a twist..

Present it as a "new" cider. You know how there is Mikes hard lemonade? What about OllllO's Porked Cider. I mean, we all want to try and be part of a trend, in the next big thing.

The benefit of doing it like this is that you can introduce both comedic and dramatic elements, so it can be a comedy at some points, but sad things can happen that make the drink dramatic.

Even though the sad dramatic things are a major annoyance it can be portrayed in such a way with your friends to make it seem trivial. At least no one is stabbed in front of their building but they're more concerned about not getting their "fix", it's just a drink.

The only problem is that I would need to come up with a good name for this wonder drink.

ollllllllllo you had better not bring this to Cincy.

I pity the foo that brings this to my state!

ohiobrewtus said:
ollllllllllo you had better not bring this to Cincy.

I pity the foo that brings this to my state!

Where in the heck is Yooper in all of this? She's my Brewgoddess, and if she says it'll work, I'll give it a try.

Ummm, OlllllO- that picture actually gagged me. Are you marinating the pork, or dry porking the marinade? Did you cook the meat first? I think that is really gross.

Mental note- no beer swap with OllllO, even if we are several continents apart.

Back