Apartment brewing: eBIAB + all-in-a-toolbox system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think klyph had a nice steam cone that was portable. Ducting and an inline fan, done. I may use a bath fan in my basement.

tre9er said:
I think klyph had a nice steam cone that was portable. Ducting and an inline fan, done. I may use a bath fan in my basement.

I tried the bath fan 100 cfm, it couldn't keep up.

tre9er said:
Time for a vortex inline fan...

More expensive but well worth it. Also if you use a 4" vortex fan you can duct it with PVC.

So, am I understanding that with this setup, you can theoretically "plug in" at any standard wall outlet? And what is your brew process with this? I'm thinking of getting into eBrewing and your setup has me intrigued!

Broham1 said:
So, am I understanding that with this setup, you can theoretically "plug in" at any standard wall outlet? And what is your brew process with this? I'm thinking of getting into eBrewing and your setup has me intrigued!

You definitely want to plug into a GFCI outlet, and you need to make sure your circuit has enough capacity (20A with nothing else on it should work), but otherwise...yep!

MalFet said:
You definitely want to plug into a GFCI outlet, and you need to make sure your circuit has enough capacity (20A with nothing else on it should work), but otherwise...yep!

Yes, that makes sense and P-J has me sufficiently aware of the gamble without GFCI :)

It's just an amazing surprise to see that I can actually start brewing electric without waiting to get a dream setup. I could just get a heat stick and do everything manually, but the big draws for me are the control and automation.

It'll still be a while before I've researched enough and gathered parts for this build, but at least it's within grasp and allows for the upgrade without starting over.

Just Placed an order with brew hardware:
Bulkheads
Cam locks
Sight glass
Tubing

I will build this kettle set up, and use the control panel from my 3 vessel system.

Back