Anyone think they will make a slimline 10 gallon Torpedo keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elfmaze

Reaction score
I brew in 10 gallon batches and if for nothing else I want to reduce the number of lines in my kegerator to reduce the challenge of leak hunting... But there is also the complexity of washing two kegs per batch. I would love a 10 gallon Torpedo keg... but they are wide and squat. Not super awesome for a kegerator esp one with a collar.

Are the torpedo kegs a new line of products? anyone have some inside info on upcoming slim 10 gallon?

The product line has been around for at least a handful of years now.
But I'm going to go with "No, they won't". Because a ten gallon Slimline keg would be 46" tall, which would likely challenge everyone's kegerator or keezer :)

Cheers!

I was thinking more match the 25.5 of the 5 gallon. That would save 2 inches off the diameter. But I guess still thick at 13.2ish wide

I have a 15 gallon corny I bought a few years back from a brewery that had some surplus from the previous brewery they were trying to move. I've yet to use it as it's too tall to fit in my keezer. I'll probably just use it as a second large fermenter.

To add to what Day_tripper has already said, there's also a weight issue. For me, I'd soon just wash two five gallon kegs as they would be much easier to move around as opposed to trying to move around a 100lb batch of beer.

This is true. I have a small chain host above my kegerator to lift half barrels in... guess lifting a whole keg up and over would be tough for most people

Back