Anyone know where to buy a Cylinder for Beer Gas on Long Island NY?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brodacious

Reaction score
Seems like people want a bloody fortune for them. I've seen $150 shipped!
I'm trying to get my stout on Nitro for the weekend and found a nice kit quasi local but I can't seem to find a damned cylinder!
Made some calls today and found a 60 LB cylinder for nearly $250 bucks but that's a LOT of nitro....

More calls to be made tomorrow!

Thanks!

is there a GTS-Welco/Praxair nearby? I was told a 20 cu ft tank (5 lb ish) is $70 and a fill is $27.

Apparently that was the wrong size.

Good News! R-Size is $76.48 Empty!
Bad News! The Location is not where its listed on Google maps! The closest place is +1hour drive each way!
Good News! They Deliver!
Bad News! +$16.50 Deliver +$9 Hazmat Surcharge +$Fuel charge! AND they have problems sometimes in residential areas!

The search Continues!

Progress!

Spoke to Joe from General Welding Supply
http://www.gwsco.com/

R-Size Cylinder filled with G-Mix = $98

Mission Accomplished.

Going to probably call a few more welding supply Co's to see if I can find a cheaper or closer (~20 min drive)

Keep looking for welding supply places. I recently went through this hassle. I bought a tank on ebay for $45 (I believe it's a reconditioned Oxygen tank labeled for nitrogen). First place wanted 2-3 weeks and $200 to fill it! I ended up taking it to Praxair and they exchanged it for their own tank (filled) for $27.

Back