Anyone had Deschutes Jubel 2010 (once a decade ale)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damdaman

Reaction score
I saw this at the store today and picked up a 22 oz-er, but at 11.99 a bottle I was reluctant to get a second one. But of course now I want to drink the one I got rather than saving it for next January like the label suggests.

The only info I found online makes this sounds like a Jubelale that has been partially freeze-distilled or something (the story is someone stole a keg of Jubelale and couldn't carry it off so they left it in the snow, and then the Deschutes guys drank the half-frozen brew and loved it).

I love Jubelale, so I'm thinking I'll love this. Maybe I'll drink it and if I like it, go back for more and save those till next year.

http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/2404623

I've had it on tap several times this year and love it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a whole case of bombers and cellar them.

No, I worked for Gary for over 6 years. Every brewer that I know that left Deschutes feels the same way as I do about the place.

I am not going to comment on their beer as I still have some friends there brewing it and they are great at what they do.

Just saying, I've given enough to Deschutes and being in Bend, I have A LOT of options when it comes to good beer.

(That reads like I was a brewer at Deschutes. I was not a brewer. Don't want to mislead. I'm still a noob to the brewing gig.)

Well I grew up in the Bend area, have never worked for Deschutes, and will continue to give them my business. Case in point, I went into a store a few hours ago and bought a couple bottles of Jubel 2010.

I would like to know what your experiences are with them. Please PM me about it if you don't want to air out the dirty laundry in public. I have no affiliation with them and don't know anyone there personally, but have always been treated well at the brewery and brewpubs.

I picked up a bomber last week and wasn't terribly impressed. It was okay, but nothing amazing. I don't think I am curious enough to spend another 12 bucks to cellar it for a year or so....
After I finished it all I could think was that 12 bucks could have bought a six pack of mirror pond and a bomber of arrogant bastard with some change left in my wallet.

I have been drinking it on Tap for the past week or so, now the pub is out. I liked the beer and noticed it got better as it warmed up.

I wish we could get the 22 oz in Texas, I would buy some.

Back