• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Anyone got a fermenter opener?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got any woodworking skills? I don't see why you couldn't easily make one out of some hardwood if you really needed one. I haven't had any trouble getting mine off (giggity-goo!)

To answer your question, no, I don't have one...

Lol, not a bad idea. I think AHS make their fermentation buckets in a way where its impossible to open without using one of those, in order to sell more :p.

All my other buckets can open just fine with my bare hands. I'll try to make something out of wood, if not hopefully someone will have an one.

Thanks widmer! I'll go check tonight if possible. Happy first post by the way.

Thanks! Been lurking for over a year now. Figured I should join at some point and eventually pop my posting cherry.

Clever hahaha. Ill check out Lowes pain section hopefully they got one that fits the 7.9 gal bucket.

Back