Anyone ever use this Randall Hop Back?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't but it's very similar to mine. only trouble i've had with the keg post on the outlet is I'd have to be very careful when adding hops to not get any inside the pickup tube, or it would get stuck in the outlet post and aggravate the foam.

the silicon seals on the pickup tube, and the vent at top are both good features that will help manage foam.

their non-amazon website only mentions the product as a randall and not as a hop back. I'm concerned about boiling temps hitting the plastic. Interestingly i'm in the market/DIY for one of these too, i e-mailed them about the temp question and will post their reply.

Ya I wouldn't consider using it as a hopback, I'm just hoping it makes a good randall. Its for my brewing partner, I have a Hop Rocket we use as a hop back for brewing, and I use it sometimes as a randall on my draft system, but he doesn't have a randall for his. So I went ahead and ordered one, I'll report back on how well it works.

Here's the response from homebrewstuff.com:

> OK so here is the deal on these... The Manufacturer of the housing
> pretty much only expects them to be used for water filtration. So
> they do not claim it to work with hot water at all. I have had
> SEVERAL customers use these for hop backs with great success
> *however* I do not know of the long term durability for this application,
> I have used my own for this twice and not had any problem, and it
> still looks fine.

Latest posts

Back