anyone ever build a tap handle display

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swackattack

Reaction score
I started collecting beer tap handles and have been looking for a way to display them. Anyone have a clue what kind of screw or bolt to use to hold the handles?

I have built several for my tap handle collection.

The best method I have found is to use 3/8 - 16 T-Nuts http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Nut-Zinc-...316?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a73f6c514

and 3/8 - 16 bolts (I prefer hex).

Two ways to attach:
1) Drill through, hammer in a t nut, screw in a hex bolt, threaded end up to attach to the handle. Downside is that this requires clearance off the ground, so you need some sort of legs or something. Upside is its easy.

2) Drill deep enough to fit a hex nut head and the t nut, hammer it in. No clearance necessary. Looks nicer, but a little harder.

I haven't used them for this purpose but they use them with designer hooks you can buy. I have heavy hanging plants dangling from my celling with them and they have been there for years. The thread size and pitch matches the threads on a tap so they should work fine.

Back