Anyone else having trouble getting their Blichman pots?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewstress

Reaction score
I ordered a 55 gal pot from home brewers warehouse in early april and still have not received the dang thing! I have called almost every week but keep getting the same story: that these pots were on back order and now it is that Blichman is over committed. They won't tell me when it is coming because they say that they don't know either. What a way to do business! I just wanted to know if anyone out there is having a similar experience.

Was talking to my LHBS last week, and they were commenting that they've had several PO'd customers because they can't seem to get anything from Blichmann lately. Sounds like it's Blichmann, not just you!

They're very nice pots, but if you're unsatisfied with their business I would just cancel your order. I bought mine a while back but never had any issues; it arrived within the prescribed time. 55 gallons is pretty big though, that's the size of an oil drum! What are your plans, are you opening a nano-brewery?

pretty sure I saw some at the homebrewstuff.com storefront two weeks ago. He just opened a physical store here - but I don't know how he splits his inventory between store and online. Might try there if you cancel elsewhere.

But it still says on their website:

**** SUPER FAST DELIVERY ON ALL BLICHMANN PRODUCTS**** (see details below!)

FAST SHIPPING! Most items are stocked by our retailers for immediate shipment. Items that are not stocked by your retailer can be shipped by us in about 2-3 business days after we receive their order. Don't wait weeks or months for your gear!

On occasion we are backordered on an item which will extend the ship time from our facility. Please contact your retailers for specific availability at time of order.

It's not the first time they've been weeks/months behind yet the website still says 'fast shipping' or some such nonsense. But they are shiny.

I would avoid buying products from them if they're that over-extended anyway... people cut corners when they are rushed.

I asked Austin Homebrew about this a few weeks ago, and they said that Blichmann has plenty of pots, but no brewmometers, which is what is holding everything up. Blichmann was expecting a new batch of brewmometers by 6/14 and would start shipping out pots at that time.

All Blichmann products come directly from the manufacturer, so it's not your LHBS or online BS's fault.

I've had an order of two 10g kettles on backorder for months, and my little home brew supply makes you pay when placing the order. Not cool.

Do you have any other LHBSs in the area? I ordered my 10g boilermaker online in March and it was backordered. They said maybe 1 to 2 months. I walked into my LHBS the next day and they had a few ready to go, so I bought one there and cancelled my online order.

You guys are awesome for looking into this! We only have two LHBS in the area and none of them have a pot that big. How did you find out that that it was the brewmomitor that was the problem and that they were going to get them in on 6/14? If that is true it looks like we won't be getting our pot for awhile. My husband is calling home brewers warehouse today...he is getting pretty impatient. We looked around before buying this thing to see who had it and they were all out of stock. So we and the online store are out of luck. I think that is a clear call to all engineers out there that the home brewing market has some room for competition in the hardware sector. Yes, we are trying to start a nano brewery with this pot which makes it alll the more frustrating that we can't get our hands on it. We are so excited about brewing larger than 5 gal batches (if we can get our hands on that dang pot...)

I ordered a 10G kettle 5/13, Message I received back from AHS 7 days ago, "This particular product ships directly from the manufacturer (Blichmann). The delay on this item is due to the Thermometers used on this model being back ordered. Blichmann has informed us that they will be receiving more thermometers next week and get all of the delayed Boilermakers shipped out soon thereafter. I apologize for the delay."

So lately I been on the look out for the delivery guy. Longest wait ever for a product, luckly I already have plenty of beer.:tank:

I think our wait is over friends! The pot will be here on Monday! I am still having trouble picturing how big it is. So we called and mentioned something about canceling our order and the next thing you know we have a tracking number! Something tell me our edventures in brewing have just begun:)

Back