Anybody know of a vendor that sells corny carbonation lids with a pin-lock fitting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinInPA

Reaction score
I really want to get one of the carbonation lids that has an attached hose / carbonation stone, but unfortunately I have pin-lock kegs and all the ones I have seen have a ball lock gas post. I would prefer to not have to switch out my gas coupler just to do carbonation. Does anybody know of a vendor that sells these with a pin-lock gas post? I realize I could use a quick disconnect on my gas line, but the last thing CO2 under pressure needs is another potential point of leakage.

Cool...I will buy this and try to fit the gas post from an unused keg i have lying around...if that doesn't fit, I will buy one of those posts as well. Thanks!

IIRC, MoreBeer has both items. I bought my corny keg carb lid from them and I seem to recall seeing pin lock fittings there too. With those items, not hard to hit the free shipping amount. ;)

BTW, the lid from MoreBeer is ready to use pretty much right out of the box. You just need to get the tubing that connects to the stone straight (hot water does the trick).

IIRC, MoreBeer has both items. I bought my corny keg carb lid from them and I seem to recall seeing pin lock fittings there too. With those items, not hard to hit the free shipping amount. ;)

BTW, the lid from MoreBeer is ready to use pretty much right out of the box. You just need to get the tubing that connects to the stone straight (hot water does the trick).
Unfortunately,
" The top of the lid has a "gas in" ball lock body connect welded in place that works with the KEG710 and KEG730 gas quick disconnects. "

That also sucks because you couldn't replace the poppet if it ever fails. :no:

Post BASE is welded into the lid. The post itself can be removed (just did it) so you can replace the poppet whenever you want/need to.

Also just confirmed it works with both my grey plastic QD, and the stainless QD I have. Zero issue putting either onto it. So I have NO idea why they say that, since it's false. Unless they did a radical change since I got mine earlier this year (doubt that, but possible).

Back