Any real life brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuNchBoX1371

Reaction score
So me and my dad are thinking of turning this into a bussiness a about 5 years or so and just wanted some help figuring something out. Do they sell feremtation chambers and mash tuns and brew kettles for 30 gallon recipes? Im just wondering cause we wanted to open something in a small town and we wouldn't go through much so im just curious if they do? Im not talking about using pots (unless i had to cause there are ways around what im thinking) but actuall SS conical fermenters and mash tuns for 30 gallon recipes?

They sure do. Blichmann makes 55 gallon setups (HLT, mash tun and kettle). Good luck in your endeavor

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

So me and my dad are thinking of turning this into a bussiness a about 5 years or so and just wanted some help figuring something out. Do they sell feremtation chambers and mash tuns and brew kettles for 30 gallon recipes? Im just wondering cause we wanted to open something in a small town and we wouldn't go through much so im just curious if they do? Im not talking about using pots (unless i had to cause there are ways around what im thinking) but actuall SS conical fermenters and mash tuns for 30 gallon recipes?

Wow, if you know so little about brewing and the equipment available, then you stand 0% of succeeding.

you certainly can find just about any level of brewing equipment you could ask for. If you want 5 gallons or a 2 BBL there is a place to find it, the question is back to you, what do to actually intend to do?

a side note, this week St. Joseph's Abbey is presenting their first Trappist Ale, the first Trappist in a long time, the first Trappist in the States, and only the 10th EVER. Just a few years ago they only made jams and jelly and hadn't the faintest on Trappist Ale. Talk about setting your goals high!

Wow, if you know so little about brewing and the equipment available, then you stand 0% of succeeding.

So why don't you direct him to some books he should read or give him some ideas about where to start instead of just going straight to jerk mode? This comment is nothing but negativity and that makes it worthless. There's nothing wrong with offering a warning, but be constructive, man.

To the original poster, I hope you guys have fun and some success. This is a prize in the big giveaway going on, but you might consider doing it with your dad to get some strategies and experience before jumping in. I've never done it so I can't say if it's worth paying for, but at least enter the contest and maybe you guys can go for free. It sounds really cool.

http://www.coloradoboy.com/brewery/immersion

Unfortunately I have no good advice or experience in this area, but hopefully others will keep offering tips that will help you.

Meh, we all have to start somewhere. Coming to a forum, dedicated to brewing beer isn't a bad place to start. It's not like he just bought a 10 barrel system and then came here asking, "So where is a good place to buy malted barley and what again do hops do?"

To the OP, there are plenty of good threads on here, but it seems like if you are really looking to go pro, probrewer.com might be a better place to start poking around.

This is actually a great thread from here, to guide you through the ins and outs of starting a craft brewery.
I went pro, what it actually takes to do so

I am involved with a brewery but beware - it will go from a fun hobby to a 7 day a week job in no time. I helped open a brew pub, not a fancy place, more like an island brew pub if you get my drift. There is a LOT of paper work and inspections and for ME - it would be a pain in the butt!

It's like MY profession. Fine art Photography where there is less photographing and more salesmanship/business. In a brewery there is less brewing and more paper work and business.

This was a 1bbl brewery. They were brewing twice a day. They are now in year 3 and have a 3bbl system now.

remember - fun hobby? Or 7 day a week no vacation job!

Back