Any place in Canada where I can buy a Keging system and kegs.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianBacon

Reaction score
Any recommended place in Canada where I can buy a Keging system and kegs? I am getting so sick of bottling.... Any major stores locally? The shipping and duties from you US is way to much. I am not looking for anything fancy or expensive. I have browsed allot but by the time I get to the shipping and duties I am way over budget.

I haven't made the jump yet but from looking around I think ontario beer kegs is your best bet. I've ordered ingredients there with great service and know fellow club members who have been happy with keg orders.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Ontariobeerkegs. Aka OBK. they have good prices. Great service. Where in Canada are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

+1 for OBK. I've done business with them twice now, and they've been awesome both times. Their prices are very competitive of what I've looked at, admittedly kegs is not one of the things on the list. First experience I was getting a mash tun since 10 gal round coolers don't seem to exist in Ottawa, the tubing put the thing over the limit for budget shipping. Sent email to see what could be done, they hooked me up! Just tossed the 4' of tubing inside the tun, no extra charges (which I offered to pay!) and no shipping increase from $10 to $20+. Amazing service, and fastest shipping department I've ever dealt with. Second order (this week) order Monday, in transit Tuesday, delivered Wednesday, with the "economy shipping" option. I can't seem to say enough good things about them.

Longshot here.

Do you have to pay duty if you drive through with it?

I ask because I live in North Dakota and would be willing to help a friend out and either order or pickup a Craigslist find or whatever and bring to just north of the state line.

Not sure if it's worth it, but figured I'd offer.

I come to Canada twice a year and harvest your tasty walleyes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

+1 for OBK, got all my stuff from them, I still make monthly grain and yeast buys from them. If your order is over $100 then shipping is flat rate at $10 up to a certain size/weight. I have literally searched all of the interwebs for better prices and though you may find one or two items cheaper elsewhere once you start adding shipping and such it's always cheaper to go with OBK. My LHBS sells white labs vials at $10.99, OBK at $5.99. If you check their site daily they have daily deals and on rare occasions they will have an entire kegging kit on special. My last order they forgot a lb of grain and with just one email and two days they had rushed me 2 lbs of grain in time for my weekend brew. Great service.

I will defiantly be ordering from OBK after finding out its only 23 $ to ship my stuff. But I can't decide now If want the dual tap with new ball lock kegs or old pin lock or just single tap with new ball lock or old pin locks... for the price of one ball lock I can get almost 4 pin lock kegs....

OBK is the best bet for kegging gear. i have 3 taps and 5 kegs and all hose etc. all came from them. really good people to deal with. i think i normally talk to Patrick.

Hey man

I am also a bottling BC brewer. I would give Dan's a call. Dan's Homebrew Supply is on the Downtown East side of Vancouver. They would be able to supply, or maybe point you in a geographically closer direction.

I was even born in PG.
We should hang out.

Jon:mug:

+1OBK. I buy everything from them. I've bought 3kegs plus taps too.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I'll give a vote for hopdawgs.ca. Based in Vernon, BC, Chris provides great customer service, and has competitive pricing with OBK. Although I think I am going to order from OBK fort next order.

Have you tired looking on kijiji or craigslist? I'm in Manitoba and bought 2 kegs, co2 regulator, tap and 20lb co2 tank for $210 off kijiji this summer.

Guitarguy...reviving an old thread here. I'm in Manitoba and just scored a deal on 5 kegs and a 20lb tank. Now I'm looking for a place to refill the tank. The only local place I've found is a fire extinguisher shop that brings tanks into Winnipeg once a week. An early Thursday drop off one week will be ready for a late Thursday pickup the next week. I was quoted $98 to fill a 20lb tank. Do you have any advice?

I use the local industrial gas supply store in Edmonton. $35 for a 10lb tank. Check around for something like Oxypro or any welding gas supply shop. Odds are they'll at least know where you can get CO2.

I got all my kegging stuff from OBK. About a month ago they had a deal on ball locks- I got 4 for 188, that's with tax and delivery.

Just bought my complete kegging system + kegs at OBK.
Also there is Toronto brewing,
Hop Dawgs, everwood ave, bosagrape and a few online only places

I will second the Everwood Ave Brewshop recommendation. Great service and they are pretty responsive to your questions, even if you have a lot of them. Selection is Pretty decent and they usually have a range of price points for everything.

To answer my own question about sourcing CO2 in Manitoba a few posts up...I finally contacted some friends with connections and they are going to be taking my tank into Winnipeg to get it refilled for me. They are connected to a manufacturing venture that purchases a lot of gases from a major supplier. I'm not sure how much it will cost but I'm anticipating it to be cheaper than the $98 I was quoted locally. I recently received a replied from some of my sleuthing. If you are looking for CO2 refills in Winnipeg, Accurate Fire on Cole Avenue will refill a 20lb tank for $42 plus taxes while you wait (about 10 minutes). I thought this sounded fair compared to the other options!

Last edited:
I'm not going to mention the company or my connections but I just got word that mine is on its way back home after a $29 refill for 20 lbs

I'm not going to mention the company or my connections but I just got word that mine is on its way back home after a $29 refill for 20 lbs
same price here in Toronto; I paid between 25 and 30 CAD for a fill last year

Back