Any ideas for upgrading my setup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnrulyGentleman

Reaction score
Right now I’m working with a 12 gallon HLT cooler w/ball valve, a 12 gallon MT cooler w/ball valve, a 10 gallon Blichmann G1 BK, and a Blichmann propane burner on 24” leg extensions. I’m looking to incorporate a pump into the process so that I can get all three vessels roughly at the same height for now, while still being smart about purchasing with an eye towards the future of bigger vessels. Trying to figure if I should build a brew rig just for the two coolers that puts them at about the same height as the BK on the burner, and mount a pump to that, but not sure if there are smarter approaches here? Any thoughts on how to incorporate some pump convenience into a system that still will be using coolers for the immediate future? I’d like to get everything on the same level, but still have it be non-cumbersome for storage in the garage.

sure, get a pump and some camlocks so you can move the hoses around. Build a rig out of wood, its easy and can be done for pretty cheap, its also super easy to change as you get upgrades.

My rig as the HLT higher than the MLT and BK which are at the same height, my pumps ( i use 3) are all lower than anything else so I can easily prime them. Once I was comfortable with my setup I started to remove hoses and hard plum as much as I could with copper.

You should have an understanding now of where you need to use a pump, especially if you are just using it to move liquid around (vs. recirculating it) the pump would replace you having to pickup and dump hot liquid between vessels.

Latest posts

Back