Any good "low carb' clone recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vgonman

Reaction score
Hello,

I know that the title really doesn't go together, but my wife loves the low carb beer, and i would like to make some at home......

You can go even further by using an Alpha Amylase preparation in wort before the boil, converting any of the starches that did sparge out of the mash. The result will have almost no body or mouthfeel and adding MD would boost the carbs again.

What is MD? And i am at this point still an extract/ steeped grain brewer.......

Tony,
That was an interesting read. I wonder if there is any info for the extract/partail grain brewer? Or if anyone out there has tried something with success?

Im not sure, as I havent seen any extracts that offer a lower mash temp processing or amylase treated extracts.

Thats one of the bigger reasons I moved to all grain, so I could control the mash temps, which allows you to control the amount of fermentables in your beer.

Latest posts

Back