Any good Chocolate Strawberry recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipi22

Reaction score
I just started brewing and made 2 batches which have come out pretty good for my first ones. But I have wanted to make a chocolate strawberry beer but can't find any recipes in any of the 3 books that I have. If anyone has one let me know. Thanks :D

Pipi22 said:
I just started brewing and made 2 batches which have come out pretty good for my first ones. But I have wanted to make a chocolate strawberry beer but can't find any recipes in any of the 3 books that I have. If anyone has one let me know. Thanks :D

I just brewed a Chocolate Raspberry Porter. I am actually bottling tonight, can't wait! Here is what I did:

1 Can LME (Light)
2 lb DME (Light)
1/2 lb Cara-pils
1/2 lb Chocolate Malt
1/2 lb Cara-Vienne
1/2 lb Wheat
1 oz Fuggle Hops
White labs British Ale yeast
1 oz semi-sweet chocolate
1 can raspberry puree
(i decided to go with the puree after this discussion: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1535)

After adding the extract, I melted the chocolate in a saucepan (added a little wort to thin it out) and then slowly stirred that in as well.

My boil was only 1/2 hour total. 1/2 oz for first 15 minutes, then added the remaining for the second 15 minutes.

It sat in the primary for 1 week, and then i racked it into the secondary over the can of puree. It has been there for another 2 weeks and is ready to be bottled.

Do you think I could add fresh strawberries to the secondary instead or not. I've seen recipes with fresh fruit in it.

Pipi22 said:
Do you think I could add fresh strawberries to the secondary instead or not. I've seen recipes with fresh fruit in it.

Certainly you can. But, be warned before you use fresh fruit. Did you read the post about brewing with fruit that I linked earlier? I woulf follow Sudster's instructions (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=11191&postcount=8). The reason I used the puree is because it is already sanitized. Using fresh, you need to make sure it is before you add.

I am sure strawberries would work well.

Let me know what you think of the recipe. Hope you like it malty!

The recipe looks good. I'm gonna try it next. Just need to transfer the Pumpkin Ale I made into the secondary. :D Thanks for you help

sorry to dig up an old post. But did anybody have any luck with the chocolate strawberry recipe. What was the final process?
thanks

Back