Any chance a small batch section can be added?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgaepi

Brewer In Need Of Guidance
Reaction score
For the administrators:

So i've decided to downsize to small batches upon my return to home brewing. I have been doing a lot of custom searches on the site to find info specific to small batches. Nothing out of the ordinary bc a lot of old info gets buried within threads. But I am wondering if a small batch section can be created for those brewing less than 5g. So ranges of 1-3g. Just so everything can remain in a centralized location. Naive question. Thanks regardless!

+1 to this idea. I love doing 1 gallon batches and while there is a lot in common with normal batches, there is a lot different too.

It's the little things, like being able to ferment in pretty much anything by drilling a hole and putting in an airlock. Or the fact that you can mash in a kitchen pot or slow-cooker, boil quickly on a standard stove element, and cool quickly without immersion chillers. Or the flexibility to be able to whip up a recipe with 2 pounds of base malt and a few ounces of specialty, so you are able to keep stock of lots of different malts - a luxury that many 5 gallon brewers couldn't afford.

Back