Anvil Brew Pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppy_Sanchez

Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers,
I just purchased an anvil foundry 10.5 w/ pump kit. I haven’t brewed on the system yet. I’ve been a fan of the foundry for a while and been surfing the web to see if there is a stainless steel thread head attachment for the anvil pump. I know it’s a Smaller pump and I’m sure the clamps that came with it will work just fine. I’d like to atleast be able to have threads to attach a ball valve to control flow. I like cam locks and would like to personalize the foundry a bit. Has anyone found a 4 screw stainless threaded head for this style pump? I know blichmann was doing whatever they could to keep cost down but I would have been cool with paying a little extra for threaded SS pump head. Having the on and off switch is nice. Just hope anvil/ blichmann will offer down the road a pump upgrade head kit. I would love to hear your thoughts on this and if you have an all in one system or foundry, what have you done to personalize it?

Looks identical to a Chugger stainless head, except the one from Chugger has a 3/4" inlet port size. I actually have two of those sitting unused since I've changed over to TC fitting pump heads (also from Chugger).

I ordered the SS pump head and came with my foundry today. only problem was I somehow overlooked that it was threaded and not barbed fittings on it :(

So I just now ordered fittings for it. sheesh

The pump kit includes an ingenuous little screw clamp that you put on the silicone output hose to restrict flow. No ball valve to clean or steel head required.
The steel head has threaded ports instead of barbed, allowing the use of quick disconnects. I do like the clamp, though.

That clamp to adjust flow works fine for me, simple and not another fitting to clean. Bought a larger hop spider but forgot it until I already had 6 ounces of pellets in the pot. I used the pump to transfer to the fermenter and with that flow control off the hose it pumped it right out. Impressive.

I abandoned home brew talk for a bit. We all go thru a home brew hiatus. Just brewed last week. I just ordered the stainless head from anvil and a brew bag. I did use the anvil pump and was very impressed with how silent is was. For some reason my chugger pump wasn’t operating normal. Glad I ordered the pump kit. I don’t mind the hose pincher to control flow. I will like having the flow control w a ball valve. I already have cam locks so I’m good. I’m very pleased with anvil giving out the option to have a stainless steel pump head.

Bought a larger hop spider but forgot it until I already had 6 ounces of pellets in the pot. I used the pump to transfer to the fermenter and with that flow control off the hose it pumped it right out. Impressive.
How in the world do you keep the anvil pump from clogging?? I have tried 3 times with loose pellet hops and each time the pump clogged until nothing would flow. Had to bail the dang thing out. I meant to use a large bag last time , but got in a hurry and forgot it. I tried whirlpooling, but it did not help. What am I doing wrong??

Last edited:
Don't know for sure but as long as i had the clamp off it was able to pump it out. One time I thought it was plugged tight but just tapped the head a few times and zoom it went.
Maybe it is because I pulled the chiller, stirred it around for a bit to make a whirlpool and then put the cover on and left it for 30 minutes? I do turn the valve so the dip tube faces sideways until most wort is pumped out.
Btw, 2 -3 ounces of pellets does not even slow it down.

Back