Another side by side

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sw1ftr1ver

Reaction score
Yay first post! Heres my work in progress. Ok so I came into an older kenmore side by side, MN: 106.7691310, and after seeing some of the keggerators /fermenters decided thats what I'd do with it. Its pretty rough and needed a good cleaning but i think im about ready to put it back together. I have a Love tss2-2100 ordered and two different temp probes because I didnt know which to use. The MN's for those are Ts-81T and Ts-21. Ones NTC and the other PTC, dunno what it matters but thought at least one should work correctly. Dug into the controles on the fridge but still have to figure the wireing out but maybe someone has already done the leg work on the web. Some of the pictures I have are before cleaning and with the door panels off. Im good to go in regards of cutting through the door for the Love controler. The freezer door was filled with expanding foam and a thin batt of fiberglass insulation while the fridge door was just thick fiberglass insulation. I got a can of expanding foam to fill in the fridge door figuring it would be better than the batt insulation and maybe some flex seal to make it look cleaner and make it easier to keep clean. I wish I had read into fridge dissasemby before hand and not taken the gasket retainers completey off( read: dont take the metal retaining bars completely off). Im having a helluva time getting them back on. Other than that I think its going together fine. The big headache I think will be hard wireing the controler. Got some pics and Ill update progress on this. Got some specs also. Hopefuly I can get the pictures to upload. Cheers, SR

Edit: Ive made an album for the photos. Pays to read about forum functions first.
https://imageshack.us/a/nbZM/1

Last edited:
I have a TSS2-2100 and that model uses a PTC sensor ("positive temperature coefficient").
An NTC sensor of any stripe won't work.

The TS-21 is their 10' long PTC sensor, that's the one I use...

Cheers!

Right on. How was setting up your love? Not too hard to get it to do what you want?

Latest posts

Back