Another kegorator vs keezer thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

attyindaburgh

Reaction score
So I am tired of keeping my cornies and gas tank in the basement fridge and was thinking of either using a kegorator or building a keezer. I found someone selling 2 beverage air kegorators without towers for 350 obo each. Which means that I would have to make/buy a tower. Or, I can get a new or used chest freezer, build a collar, add shanks, taps etc. Anyone want to push me in any direction? I already have the the kegs, 5 and 20 lb gas tanks, regulator and a 4 way gas distributor.

Another answer saying it's all about personal preference and what appliances are available to you.

Would you rather have taps through a fridge door/side, or build a collar and put taps through it? Can do a tower on either as well. Fridge might also be easier for you if you dislike lifting kegs up into the keezer.

Keezer typically easier to fit more kegs in, but there are PLENTY of huge fridges out there.

Neither one is better or worse.

Iijakii,
I find cornies much easier to lift vs a carboys. So in other words, lifting is not an issue, at least yet.

Here's my vote. But then again, i enjoy building stuff. Not sure how skilled or motivated your are to jump into a project but I'm sure enjoying mine... ;)

Rt Frt Full closed.jpg

Rt Frt Closed.jpg

Rt Frt Open w-labels.jpg

Another factor to consider in making your decision, is your level of consumption. If you drink 6 beers a week, you probably don't want to spend the time and effort to build a multi tap keezer as it will take too long to consume multiple kegs. On the other hand, if you drink 2-4 beers a day or have friends & family that will help in recycling your beer, a 1 or 2 tap kegerator will get used up too quickly and require constant keg changes.

Thanks everyone, except for you bellybuster! My wife would say that all I think about is beer. She is right. I do drink more than 4 or 5 a week and like to have variety.

Ha!
I turned a regular fridge into a 4 tap keezer. It's real handy having the freezer on top

Latest posts

Back