Another Glycol Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsharp4684

Novice
Reaction score
I’m working on trying to wire up the digital AC unit for my glycol chiller. I saw a YouTube video where the guy wired an ITC-1000 to one leg of the compressor and was wondering if the same would work on a ITC-308. Like in the attachment.

IMG_0246.jpg

Thoughts?

Why do you need to wire it like that? Can't you just plug the AC direct into the inkbird?

I just bypassed the thermostat and plugged the ac into the inkbird.

Why do you need to wire it like that? Can't you just plug the AC direct into the inkbird?

I just bypassed the thermostat and plugged the ac into the inkbird.
I have three digital window ACs. When power is lost, (frequently, rural elec coop) they have to be manually restarted. So, no, an Inkbird would work for one cycle then stop. It works with analog units, though. If you can unplug the AC, then restart by plugging it back in, ok. Otherwise no.

That was the issue I was having. The A/C unit wouldn't restart after the inkbird shut it off. Unfortunately, I ended up smoking the compressor on my freebie unit. So, I now have a manual A/C that I got working just fine.

My advice for posterity is to just start with a mechanical/manual A/C unit rather than trying to make the stupid digital ones work.

That was the issue I was having. The A/C unit wouldn't restart after the inkbird shut it off. Unfortunately, I ended up smoking the compressor on my freebie unit. So, I now have a manual A/C that I got working just fine.

My advice for posterity is to just start with a mechanical/manual A/C unit rather than trying to make the stupid digital ones work.
or buy a coolbot... (personally Id go analog ac unit)

Latest posts

Back