Anniversary Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaysus

Reaction score
My 6 year "brewing anniversary" just so happens to fall on a Saturday this year... I'd like to brew something to commemorate the event.

But that's all I've got.
shrug2.gif

I've been quite content with my regular line up of bitters, milds, hoppy wheats (think Hop Sun), saisons, porters and the like ... I'm not trying to come up with anything crazy, but I just don't have anything in mind.

I've never really brewed an IPA, and while that is not typically my style, maybe I can do something like that and work the "6" into the theme with hop additions or something?

Maybe an Altbier... refresh my memory - Alts are lager yeasts at ale ferm temps, right?

I also sure do love me some bourbon, maybe I could do something with that.

I dunno... just wanted to toss it out there for some suggestions. It's got to be an ale though, I don't have the equipment (or patience really) to mess around with lagering at this point.

You folks got any thoughts, comments, or suggestions?

Brew a barley wine and drink it next year on your anniversary! Repeat year after year and remember to keep a few bottles to memoralize your efforts for years to come.

Latest posts

Back