American Honey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cascadian

Reaction score
Anyone tried this bourbon and honey based liqueur? I bought some on impulse, and not being particularly fond of it, except maybe as a digestif, I've started experimenting. Simple deliciousness:

1-2 shots (depending on personal taste) of American Honey
Pint of carbonated apfelwein

The honey adds just enough sweetness without being a major flavor while the apple pairs with the smokiness of the bourbon wonderfully. In my opinion, this is the ideal method of back sweetening Apfelwein. :drunk:

I bought one of those air line bottles of it that they sell at liquor stores (they actually have a use) and I have been at bars when they were sampling it... I remember when i first bought it I first tried drinking it on the rocks and it basically tasted like wild turkey, then i was like, hmm i wonder how this would taste with diet pepsi (i like whiskey and diet pepsi), and wow it was horrible, it really made the nasty honey stand out...

Back