Amazon Stainless Conicals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schard84

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a similar moonshine, nice conical, but does not hold more than 1 psi. The other one looks better in terms of seal and valves. Only concern for both is the 13g, that is not a ton of room for a 11 g batch, but doable.

Ever considered selling your Amazon gift card to one of those websites that buys them and then just actually buying the conical you want instead of settling?

I have about $325 in amazon dollars left over from the holidays. I found 2 decent looking conicals that would be pretty cheap out of pocket for me.

Has anyone had any experience with these? For the price I may be willing to be the guinea pig if no one has.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N9BO4QS/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JBQRJC0/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Doing 10 gallon batches. All thoughts, opinions, and experiences welcomed.
This is just more proof about what Ive been saying that the same sellers usually charge more for the same products on amazon than ebay....

The moonshine distillers seller has been selling these on ebay for years only they are cheaper if you buy them from his ebay store vs his amazon store...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-S...495988?hash=item4afe53f8f4:g:ZBkAAOSwvgdW3drc

and he sells a bunch at a time auction style that usually sell for around $300-330...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-Gallon-S...105686?hash=item33c696d496:g:ZBkAAOSwvgdW3drc
these are clones of the stout 12.5gallon conical I have with slight differences (same size tank just advertised differently)

The 50 liter one is way over priced to me, I seen those on alibaba for way less so someones just trying to flip them for a quick buck. for its size and price its still not jacketed... all you get is the ability to pressurize it which IMHO is overrated here and casters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the responses.

I decided to try the generic/non branded 50l conical. The current price is double what it was yesterday for some reason. I paid $180 out of pocket for it with prime shipping.

Thanks for all the responses.

I decided to try the generic/non branded 50l conical. The current price is double what it was yesterday for some reason. I paid $180 out of pocket for it with prime shipping.

Weird when I pulled it up it was over $900! This morning .

It was 499 when he linked it, which is not bad for what's included.

it did not like me yesterday morning... I still have the link open. I really hate how websites track all your web browsing history and set prices according to it at times.

Capture.JPG

Just an update if anyone is interested.....

This arrived Friday. It is not the same conical in the pictures on Amazon. It looks identical to the brewersshardware.com 15g conical. Has an 8" TC lid instead of the full width clamp on lid. All the TC parts even have a small logo that consists of the letters BH in a square.

Unfortunately, the conical did not ship with the 8" TC lid http://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/images/smilies/frown.gif.

It did come with the 8" gasket, 8" TC clamp, 4" TC 90* blowoff port, gasket, and clamp though.

Also, it did not ship with casters like in the amazon picture. Hopefully the seller makes this right.

Just an update if anyone is interested.....

This arrived Friday. It is not the same conical in the pictures on Amazon. It looks identical to the brewersshardware.com 15g conical. Has an 8" TC lid instead of the full width clamp on lid. All the TC parts even have a small logo that consists of the letters BH in a square.

Unfortunately, the conical did not ship with the 8" TC lid http://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/images/smilies/frown.gif.

It did come with the 8" gasket, 8" TC clamp, 4" TC 90* blowoff port, gasket, and clamp though.

Also, it did not ship with casters like in the amazon picture. Hopefully the seller makes this right.

The seller is probably buying them from the same company that makes them for brewershardware in china maybe they are all samples they ordered to possibly sell for the biological field. it would explain the pics being wrong.. Ive seen them for sale on alibaba too $500 is a good price for it... when I pull up your link its still $989 for me. the 2 BF valves alone are like 80-100 value

The seller is probably buying them from the same company that makes them for brewershardware in china maybe they are all samples they ordered to possibly sell for the biological field. it would explain the pics being wrong.. Ive seen them for sale on alibaba too $500 is a good price for it... when I pull up your link its still $989 for me. the 2 BF valves alone are like 80-100 value

I think the price issue is from multiple sellers. When i purchased it there were 2 sellers. 1 had it for 499 with 1 in stock remaining (I assumed this was a made up number to try and get people to buy) the other seller is still listing it for 989. I guess the seller i purchased from really only had 1 in stock.

The seller reimbursed me $100 for the missing 8" x 3" TC reducer. I found the same reducer from glacial tanks for $80 shipped, but it is on back order. hopefully it doesn't take long to fulfill.

Right now there is an "alternate seller" that has them for $350 plus less than $50 shipping. The only concerning thing is a note to "contact seller before purchase". Not sure that's even a real consideration since I can certainly just add it to the cart and take my chances.

Oh, and he shows that he has 20 of them...

Right now there is an "alternate seller" that has them for $350 plus less than $50 shipping. The only concerning thing is a note to "contact seller before purchase". Not sure that's even a real consideration since I can certainly just add it to the cart and take my chances.

Oh, and he shows that he has 20 of them...

Not anymore I contacted the seller this morning asking if they were as pictured or included the accessories and the seller never answered and now doesn't offer them.... too bad I was gonna pull the trigger on one.

Yeah, I was really tempted to throw two in a cart and let it ride, but if the seller wasn't going to fulfill the order, it wouldn't have mattered too much anyway.

Ring ring!

"Hello! It's the 1930's! We'd like our old-timey phrases back!"

How do you know hes not an "old timer" :p

in any case the seller has a huge assortment of other stuff available..

I'm more apt to think hes feeling out the market offering stainless conicals for sale with the "contact seller" first to get a headcount/ idea of how fast they would go at the lower proposed price before deciding to place an alibaba order for a shipment of some from a supplier. the ones pictured sell for as little as 200 there but the shipping is the key... you need to place a large order to get the reasonable rate plus shipping... He wouldnt be making a whole lot off each one at $350 each.

Does 38 count as old timer. I feel like 80 some days.

I debated in ordering the chronical for 399 b/c Amazon backs up their sells, but worried he was a flim flam artist.

Back