• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

All grain setup - SoCal area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patirck

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to a single tier, automated system and I no longer need my first all grain setup. I am really looking to get rid of all this stuff to make some room. I would love to sell to someone local as one purchase.

10 Gallon Rubber made cooler MLT - SS false bottom from Morebeer, custom copper manifold that passes through the lid so you can recirculate with the lid screwed on. - $100

8.5 Gallon HLT with sight glass. This is a converted aluminum turkey fryer with parts from bargain fittings - $90

11.5 (about) gallon keggle with welded fittings. There is no ball valve with this (I used it on my new rig). It has very high quality welds. It was originally designed to be a mash tun but I never used it this way. It has three 1/2" FPT fittings - one on top and two on the bottom - $100

stainless turkey fryer from costco - $20

Turkey fryer from craigslist (fits HLT) - this does not have the SQ-12 burner (I used it in my new setup). It would be worth while to get the burner and use this for the HLT on the wooden brew sculpture as it is fitted to the height of it.

Wooden, three tier brew sculpture. Painted battleship gray - hence the nickname - USS Wisconsin. It has cabinets built in that fit the MLT and HLT and other misc stuff. I throw a tarp over it when not in use. This is a great way to get into all grain without a lot of hassle of building. I am in Glendale, CA and it would definitely not ship - you need to pick it up. I will throw this in and some hoses and other misc stuff (thermometer and we'll see what else) if someone buys the above three items at the prices listed, otherwise - $80.

I also have a 5 gallon Rubbermaid MLT with a stainless braid from bargain fittings - never used. - $75

Two high pressure propane burners - $25 for both.

I have made a lot of good and even some great beer on this equipment.

I go to OC occasionally - whereabouts? Which MLT are you intersted in?

I'm interested in the keggle. I'd probably try to convert it to an electric HLT, any reason that wouldn't work?

And do you ever come out to Ventura County?

I'm interested in the keggle. I'd probably try to convert it to an electric HLT, any reason that wouldn't work?

And do you ever come out to Ventura County?

I'm in Thousand Oaks every week or so. I can't see any reason why it wouldn'work as an E-HLT.

Here are some more pictures:

2012-06-04 15.38.18.jpg

2012-06-04 15.38.36.jpg

2012-06-04 15.38.44.jpg

2012-06-04 15.39.16.jpg

Just to update - Everything sold but the keggle and the two burners. I have a PM about the keggle so Cromwell has dibs on it for now.

Back