Alibaba apple grinder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AzOr

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone here ever order from Alibaba? The grinder linked below is a really good deal. I've never ordered from them, or know anyone who has but this is tempting. I'm interested because my garbage disposal shredder is a giant pita, and I've noticed the blades seem to be dulling.

I have a small bladder press that works great. My grinder is definitely the choke point. I've priced similar looking units starting at about $900. I realize that these probably don't come with a warranty, or any support for that matter. In reality, even if cider product does come with a year warranty, I doubt that it would break in the first season. Since my equipment sits around til the next season, I probably wouldn't be able to take advantage of a warranty anyway.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...offerlist.normal_offer.d_title.6e665f33d18MiT

Wow, that looks like an outstanding product/price. There is a video on their web site and the pulp looks good. I believe that Alibaba is a large Asian trading company that deals mostly in quantities. I have seen them on searches for products but not bought from them.

Even if something is a bit flimsy and you have to strengthen it a bit, at that price it would be worth having... after all it is a bit like a wheelbarrow (what can go wrong?). Accessing the Alibaba web site from Oz shows the same product but with a min order quantity of two. Do they indicate freight cost as I have found that quoted freight from overseas sometimes can be as much as the cost of the product. To get around this, I have used a US freightforwarder called "My US" which is able to consolidate freight for delivery to Oz... there might be something similar between Asia and USA. It might take a bit longer to get here but the consolidated freight cost is usually a lot lower than the OEM's cost.

Good luck... it might be the bargain of the year.

I get something very similar from Germany but it was not inox made (only the blade is in inox) and it was a bit more expensive.
I can say that mine works pretty weel. Powerfull, fast, easy to use and never let me down after more than 5.000kg of apple.

Edit : Inox = stainless steel. sorry

Last edited:
Wow, that looks like an outstanding product/price. There is a video on their web site and the pulp looks good. I believe that Alibaba is a large Asian trading company that deals mostly in quantities. I have seen them on searches for products but not bought from them.

Even if something is a bit flimsy and you have to strengthen it a bit, at that price it would be worth having... after all it is a bit like a wheelbarrow (what can go wrong?). Accessing the Alibaba web site from Oz shows the same product but with a min order quantity of two. Do they indicate freight cost as I have found that quoted freight from overseas sometimes can be as much as the cost of the product. To get around this, I have used a US freightforwarder called "My US" which is able to consolidate freight for delivery to Oz... there might be something similar between Asia and USA. It might take a bit longer to get here but the consolidated freight cost is usually a lot lower than the OEM's cost.

Good luck... it might be the bargain of the year.
I haven't checked shipping. It looks like you have to register with their site before you can get that info, which I haven't done.
When I open the link, it does show that you can order 1. Some of the other similar listings (they even used the same pics) showed a larger minimum order.

Normally I wouldn't take a chance on something like this, but this is a huge price difference for something I only use once a year.

Personally, I would never buy anything from that site.

Alibaba has a long history of selling things that don't exist and ripping people off.

Alibaba and the CCP grease each others' palms, and buying from them is practically like donating to the despotic Communist Party of China

Also, Chinese made products are just plain garbage.

That is a rip-off of my italian made fruit mill, very similar design. The difference is that my mill has a 2.1 kw motor and that one has a 530 w motor, so it would be much slower and jam all the time.

That is a rip-off of my italian made fruit mill, very similar design. The difference is that my mill has a 2.1 kw motor and that one has a 530 w motor, so it would be much slower and jam all the time.
Good point about the motor. That does seem pretty small. The one I've been eyeballing on pleasanthillgrain has a 1500w motor.

For those who still think in "old money", i.e. horsepower. A 1 HP motor draws 746 watts, so the Alibaba machine at 530W is a bit under 3/4 HP whereas the Pleasant Hill and Italian units are around 2 and 3 HP respectively. Hope this helps you get your head around it.

For those who still think in "old money", i.e. horsepower. A 1 HP motor draws 746 watts, so the Alibaba machine at 530W is a bit under 3/4 HP whereas the Pleasant Hill and Italian units are around 2 and 3 HP respectively. Hope this helps you get your head around it.

A one horsepower motor delivers 746W of power. Since motors are never 100% efficient (high-quality single-phase induction motors may be around 70% efficient at best), that "530W" Chinese model--which I doubt is very efficient--probably delivers well under 1/2 HP.

If you purchase this, please let us know how it turns out. I'm a bit too financially conservative to purchase something like this from Alibaba, but since I have no experience with them, my fears may not be justified. Even with my limited budget, I'm usually willing to pay more from a trusted seller than take a chance on an unknown.

Depending on how many apples you need to grind, you might consider the Maximizer grinder Maximizer® Apple Grinder

If someone feeds the apples while I crank, I can fill a 5 gallon bucket with pulp in little more than 5 minutes.

If you can use PayPal to pay for it I do not think you have to worry about reliability. I once bought something from a Czech vendor who never sent the item and got my money back.

I saw something like that on Youtube ages ago and for small volumes (a few gallons) it looked quite good. Unfortunately I couldn't find a supplier so made my own hand grinder. I would probably be prepared to risk $100 or so. If anyone gets one of these please let us know how it goes.

Let us know how the purchase went. A few weeks ago I bought an electronic part for my vacuum cleaner on Aliexpress, ,… couldn’t find it domestically. It shipped almost immediately but they said to expect 6 week shipping time. (slow boat from China I guess). Somewhere in the fine print it said something about I might be liable for Customs charges, but since the part was only a few dollars I’m guessing the Customs officer won’t bother. Not so sure about something valued at hundreds of $. I used Applepay to pay for it.

Last edited:
Shipping to Europe from outside of the EU will cost you European VAT plus a processing charge. VAT in the Netherlands is 21%, in Germany 19%. VAT is charged on both purchasing price plus shipping costs.
In the Netherlands you can pay the postman, in Germany you have to collect the parcel at the customs office and open it in front of a customs officer who checks the contents to make sure you do not import illicit goods.

Latest posts

Back