Albany Area Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Short notice but I'm placing an order tomorrow morning for delivery by the end of the week. I have about a half a pallet open for extras, whole bags only. Email me for pricing.

[email protected]

Also our taproom is now open in Glens Falls, check out our website for details www.meanmaxbrew.com

maybe next time. I doubt I could do inventory and get back and forth through email by morning.

Yuppers. If I lived downtown I wouldn't even brew. Just blow half my pay on drinking and dining out. Its amazing what the track money can do for a city.

I typically use water from the state park for my wine making and brewing but does anyone know if the water dept here in Saratoga uses chlorine or chloramine to sanitize the local water supply? It's a pain to have to queue up and fill five gallon carboys from the park... and can be very cold and icy in the winter.

Heads up, I'm getting ready for another grain order from Country Malt Group if anyone is interested in adding a few bags. I'm at about 1-1/2 pallets right now and looking to place the order next Thursday. PM me for pricing.

Heads up, I'm getting ready for another grain order from Country Malt Group if anyone is interested in adding a few bags. I'm at about 1-1/2 pallets right now and looking to place the order next Thursday. PM me for pricing.

what is a half a pallet 10 bags ? or is it 40 a pallet? you are in Glens Falls ?

I know I could use 7 or 8 bags

thanks

S_M

I could use something, not sure what yet. Probably 3-4 sacks of 2-row. Maybe a sack of Aromatic, and white wheat.

Correction on the pallet quantity, a full pallet is 42 bags.

I have replied to all PM's.

Please if you PM me for pricing let me know what grain you are interested in and if you want a specific brand please tell me as different brands have slightly different pricing.

If there is enough interest I will add a 3rd pallet to the order.

The brewery is going well, thanks for asking.

Mac-n-cheese cook-off should be exciting, we've had a lot of interest and have several popular restaurants get on board which should be a great treat for those who get to try their offerings.

Grain is here.

We are open Wed-Thurs after 5:00
Fri-Sat after 3:00
Sun 12:00-6:00

Feel free to stop in during any of these times to pick up your orders, just ask for Matt.

If you would like to pick up outside of these times please contact me.

Grain is here.

We are open Wed-Thurs after 5:00
Fri-Sat after 3:00
Sun 12:00-6:00

Feel free to stop in during any of these times to pick up your orders, just ask for Matt.

If you would like to pick up outside of these times please contact me.

Just picked up mine today at 2:30 super folks to deal with and they have a nice place

thanks again

S_M

This is completely awesome. Spending a lot on ingredients takes some of the fun out of brewing.

Really looking forward to trying out some of the 14 beers shown on the webpage on a trip up that way Sunday.

Matt, I just wanted to say thanks again for the grain hookup. You have a wonderful place and I wish you the best of luck there (what a great location!). Really enjoyed the baked malt brown ale. I hope things went smoothly and perhaps some day can do it again. Regards.

This deal popped up on Living Social. It only has 9 hours left, but might be of interest to somebody here. %50 off($11) Schmaltz brewery tasting for two in Clifton Park NY.
https://www.livingsocial.com/cities...er-tasting-for-two-with-souvenir-glasses-more

*edit, my bad that was 9 minutes left not 9 hours. One neat thing on their website, they are looking for interns to work in the brewery. It says minimum 5 -10 hour weekly commitment.

Doing spring inventory on hops and grain. I have way too much old hops and grain if anyone wants some.

This is a copy of my inventory. I crossed out the stuff I plan on using as well as changed a couple quantities to red to show the amount that I could offer if not the full quantity. Not looking for anything in return. *EDIT stuff is all gone, thanks.

inventory pic.jpg

I moved from MA to upstate NY a year ago. I homebrewed for three years back in MA but I haven't had the ability to brew here. I'm finally settled in out here. I've got a house with a garage and enough space to start brewing again. I'm in Cobleskill. I can't believe I've seen two home brewers on this forum from Cobleskill.
Are any of you going to be at the Battle of the Brews next month in Albany? I volunteered to be a steward on their web site. It would be nice to meet up with some home brewers here.
Cheers!

Howdy! Recently moved to the area and am excited to get back up to speed with brewing now that the weather is a little nicer. Any suggestions for places that refill C02 (versus exchange, but thats ok if it is the only option)? Also what about group buys for grain?

Hi 63belair, You might try Reed at Saratoga Zymurgist or contact Saratoga Thoroughbrews (the beer club). I don't keg so I don't know but I am sure that if there is anyone refilling one of those two sources would know..

Carbonic will refill your tank. Praxair at 116 Railroad Ave is a little cheaper I think for exchanges. They pretty much only have 20lb tanks, but if you bring in anything smaller, they'll give you a 20lb for it. They also don't seem to care about inspection dates or anything like that. I brought in an old out of date 20lb tank with a rubber boot that no one will even inspect and they gave me an inspected 20lb tank.

Thanks for the responses. That's good to know about Praxair especially. I currently have 2 5# tanks (nothing biger will fit in my kegerator) but when I build a keezer I want to upgrade to 20# tanks and move them outside of the keezer.

Are there any groups around here that organize group grain buys?

Thanks for the responses. That's good to know about Praxair especially. I currently have 2 5# tanks (nothing biger will fit in my kegerator) but when I build a keezer I want to upgrade to 20# tanks and move them outside of the keezer.

Are there any groups around here that organize group grain buys?

No idea,
I know there is a brew club in Troy. They may group purchase.

Beer or mead or wine or ?

So far I've brewed three beers, have one JAOM going (it'll be one month fermenting on Thursday) a couple mason jars of rice wine and a gallon jug of tepache. I've been reading on as many topics as I can on here. Went to the thoroughbrews may meeting (and had my mind blown by tastey ciders). Just reading everything I can on brewing right now (that SSPL has at least). I think it will be nice to enjoy this summer with a new hobby, and a beverage.

Cheers!

Back