AIH shipping times?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigken462

Reaction score
I'm a lil pushed on time and chores this week. Typically I don't mind the 70 mile drive to my local shop, but not sure I can spare the time to get there tomorrow. I'll spend about as much in fuel as I would in shipping so I thought I would place a order in the morning to AIH to save me the trouble.

My problem is, in order for me to brew Saturday, I need to have my yeast going at least by Wed night. For you guys that frequently order from AIH, do ya'll think it would make it from their store to Alabama by then?

KT

I assume you mean next week? You don't want to ship yeast via ground service to warm climates IMO. I suggest you ship via 2 day and pay the buck for the ice pack.

That said, I have not found AiH to be same-day shippers. They do ship next day or even two days later frequently. So make sure if you order tomorrow (Friday), you do so in the morning and request they ship 2-day on Monday.

They have a "hold yeast over weekend" box - I would check that also.

Back