Ahoy from NE Ohio!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damonowskivich

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,
Pretty new to the boards here and started brewing since last April. First post but I've been lurking and researching everything I can think of in regards to making consistent, quality homebrew. My wife & I love Belgian & German brew, well I like pretty much any style except for smoked beers. We're also starting to make our own wines and cider (EdWort's Apfelwein).

Some prime learnings I've gotten from these forums that I didn't consider or understand from some of the homebrew classes I've taken were in regards to temperature control (NE Ohio climate extremes don't help), quality/quantity of yeast when pitching and proper fermentation time.
I'm looking forward to potentially moving to an all-grain setup or BIAB later this year as soon as I can confirm that my extract/partial techniques are solid.
Anyways, glad to be here. Beards & Beers. Prost!:rockin:

Welcome! I'm just getting started in brewing and joined here too. Where did you take the brewing classes?

I live just down the road. Small world!

Abruzzo's in Kent/Brimfield, just south of I-76 on rt 43. They have free beer and wine making classes once a month with free tasting sessions for both. Very cool and knowledgable guys. I also shop at Leeners in Macedonia, not sure if they host classes, but might have more info on their site.
www.abruzzos.com
www.leeners.com

Hmmm, apparently my phone client didn't post this reply. Anyways, I've gone to Abruzzo's in Kent/Brimfield, right on Rt 43, just south of the I-76 exchange. They have a free winemaking and homebrew class once a month with a free tasting session prior to the class. Very nice guys and knowledgable. www.abruzzos.com for more info

I also shop at Leeners in Macedonia on Olde Eight, just south of Rt 82. Not sure if they have classes there, but check their site too, www.leeners.com

I grew up in Munroe Falls, my parents still live there. Yarrrr!

Back