AG Belgian white IPA opinions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p-townrookie

Reaction score
Belgian white ipa

Batch:11 gal
Effeincy:75%

OG:1.061
FG:1.015

38 IBU

Briess 2 row. 12lbs
Castle chateau. 8 lbs
Briess wheat malt white. 3 lbs
Briess Carmel malt 1 lb

Hops
Brewers gold 2oz 60 min
Mount hood 1 oz 30 min
Mount hood 1oz 5 min

Yeast
Belgian Abbey II Wyeast 1762

Irish moss 15 min. Boil
Orange peel 2 oz 1 min boil

Copied and made my own! First go at one like this! Opinions?? Changes?.

Which castle/chateau malt (since 'chateau' translates to castle)?
Which caramel malt (lovibond)?

It looks like a good yeast choice to give neutral belgian characterisitcs (you'll get some without being too heavy with them).

I think the Mt Hood hops might not give enough hop presense for an IPA (IMO), but then again you're trying to balance with orange peel. BTW, 2 oz of orange might be too much orange. Overall, it could work out nice or not so nice. You are looking at balancing several unique flavors - orange, hops, belgian yeast, maltiness.

Went with golding and mount hood for hoops and only one oz of Orange. Brewed yesterday! Target og was 1.061 and my actual og was 1.059

I'll keep you posted on how it's coming along!

Thanks for your input stpug!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Home Brew mobile app

Went with golding and mount hood for hoops and only one oz of Orange. Brewed yesterday! Target og was 1.061 and my actual og was 1.059

I'll keep you posted on how it's coming along!

Thanks for your input stpug!

I like your changes. And, just so you know, just because I might brew a different recipe doesn't mean I wouldn't drink the sh*t out of yours!! :mug:

Latest posts

Back