Adding more water question???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HIT_MAN

Reaction score
So, I think I goofed up a little. My directions said to make my wort 1 1/2 gallons which I did. It said to have 3 gallons of cool water to cool the wort down to 90degrees, which I did. What I did wrong was to fill up the rest of the water up to 5 gallons like the instructions indicated. It has been fermenting for 3 days now. Would it mess anything up if I added half a gallon or so to bring it up to 5 total gallons or should I just leave it alone.

- Pilsner
- fermenting at 60F

I'd probably leave it be at this point. You'll just end up with a beer that slightly more flavorful and alcoholic, and those aren't bad things :tank:

I'd probably leave it be at this point. You'll just end up with a beer that slightly more flavorful and alcoholic, and those aren't bad things :tank:

leave it alone.

my last two brews i boiled off more than i estimated, and lost more wort in the kettle due to using whole hops vs pellets.... fwiw, i bottled one last night, i had about 4.5 gallons, got 47.5 bottles out of it. i hatre it wheni end up with more than 48 anyway, too hard to store outside of a 12 pack box :)

Back