Abigails's Strawberry Cyser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamsCider

Reaction score
In mid October I started with 5 gallons of orchard cider, added a gallon of nursery water. I tossed in campden tabs for good measure even though the orchard said they UV'd their pressing. I added 2 lbs (32oz) of sueBee Honey and 1 lb (16oz) of Domino Agave Nectar. I blended 2 pounds of fresh strawberries and added to the mix. I added pectin, I let it sit for a few hours then I wet pitched the Red Star yeast with yeast nutrient. It started bubbling in a few days. When it slowed down about 10-12 days later, I transferred it to a glass secondary, filtering with a funnel filter, and let it sit until no bubbles came through. When I transferred into secondary, I added 2oz of brewer's best strawberry flavor. Just enough to get some strawberryness back.
Then I racked into 750ml no punt champagne bottles and added two tabs of cooper's carb sugar drops and capped with 29mm caps. I let it sit for another few weeks before I gave it away around Christmas.
Last weekend I opened a bottle that had been sitting warm for the last 10 months, chilled it and it was nice and smooth. Someone asked if they could back me for a brewery. :drunk:

http://www.facebook.com/AdamsCiderWorks

10403657_632178426900292_4369358544853644778_n.jpg

Last edited:
Do you know your final gravity for this recipe? Sounds more like a fruit wine than a cider

Back