A trip to usa cant wait!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on your way to Las Vegas, don't hesitate to stop in Flagstaff, Arizona. there are some GABF gold and silver award winners there.. Lumberyard brewing! also, Mother Road, Wanderlust, and Historic. just south of Flagstaff is the amazing geology found in Sedona.. Oak Creek brewing will whet your palate as you hike america's most interesting desert trails.
out of Flag on your way to L.V. is Kingman, AZ - home of Black Bridge brewing. In Lake Havasu City, you'll find Mudshark, Barley Bros and College Street. Vegas has 2 breweries, Tenaya Creek and another that slips my mind.

Just avoid College Street's blueberry wheat - Big Blue Van - unless you like noticeably-artificial blueberry flavoring. On the positive side, their Death by Chocolate Stout (if they've rebrewed it), and all of their restaurant food, is very good.

Hi lovebrewin. Sounds like an awesome trip! If your able to make it to Lake Havasu City AZ, College Street Brew House, try the "Witty Professor." In Vegas there is Sin City brewery, I think that's it the Venetian on the Strip. Off Strip there is Chicago Brewing, Big Dogs Brewing, Main Street Station, Tenaya Creek Brewing, Banger Brewing, BJs Brewpub(it's a chain but I still love the beers there).
Also you seem to be enthralled with Sierra Nevada Brewery, read the book : "Beyond the Pale" by Ken Grossman the founder. Its a pretty fascinating read!
I think its cool that you want to check out as many breweries as you can. I don't think you'll be disappointed.:mug:
I'm going to Phoenix this weekend and can't wait to go back to Four Peaks Brewing in Tempe and San Tan Brewing in Chandler.
Have a great trip!

So I've got an updated list of where we are going to be and it seems things have changed a bit lol..

Is there any good craft breweries round these areas?

Wilmington North Carolina
Orlando Florida
Wooster Ohio
New York City
Las Vegas
LA
Sanfransico
Lincoln Alabama

List in no particular order haha

As some one pointed out you are only about an hour away from cleveland so Great Lakes is a good choice if you head north. There is also fathead's, brew kettle, and a nanobrewery (i think it's actually called that and it's a bike show too, i think). Thirsty dog and hoppin frog are up that way but in akron i think.

OR you are only about an hour or so north of columbus. Here we have a few sweet growler filling stations (savor growl, ohio tap room, and daily growler-60 taps). We also have Columbus brewing company (Their IIPA, Bodhi is very good), Barely's (2 locations), Elevator Brewing Company (lover their horny goat ;) ), North High brewing, Wolf ridge brewing, Sideswipe (new nano- i have bottle of theirs in the fridge), Seventh Son Brewing, a gordon bierch and bj's. We also have a meadery called Brothers drake, and a few micro distillerys.

Wooster has this place http://www.jafbwooster.com/ but i haven't been. OSU also have a small hop farm right out side wooster, i do mean small. I went to a seminar there and we were all supposed to meet at that brewery afterwards. I was not able to attend.

Wow!
Thanks so much for the feedback. Now I'm even more excited. I absolutely love the craft beer scene and can't wait to sample a few of the USA's best! Good times ahead!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Hey quick question.
Are there any home brew stores in these areas too? I'm wanting to get a grain mill and a blichmann beer gun while I'm over there..

I did a small brewery tour just north of SF. I went to Mendocino brewing, North Coast (best food), and Anderson Valley (best beers).

Anderson Valley had the most interesting brewery. They have farm animals, a pond, and supplement some of their electricity with solar. They had beers on tap that they would only sell there. They wouldn't even sell you a growler. The sours they had were amazing.

Did JAFB Wooster brewery yesterday didn't get much time there but I enjoyed it!! Great little place. Head brewer was kind enough to show us around the brewery too!

So it being a family trip we will be flying into LA driving to San Francisco and staying a few days then we will head across to Las Vegas via sequoia Yosemite visit the Grand Canyon and then have a week to do whatever we want from Vegas on! Prob fly to the east coast to Wilmington then maybe down to Orlando.

If you're at the canyon than you're in my area! If you guys head west for a bit (hour or so) you'll hit Grand Canyon Brewery in Williams and 7 different different breweries in Flagstaff just a bit further down the I40. In Flag we have Historic Brewery, Wanderlust (my favorite), and Lumberyard to name a few. Enjoy your trip!

If you're at the canyon than you're in my area! If you guys head west for a bit (hour or so) you'll hit Grand Canyon Brewery in Williams and 7 different different breweries in Flagstaff just a bit further down the I40. In Flag we have Historic Brewery, Wanderlust (my favorite), and Lumberyard to name a few. Enjoy your trip!

Didn't see the dates on this forum at first, nevermind haha.

So I thought I'd chuck a few pics up! I've got a lot more but they are on my digital camera so I will put them up when I get to my PC.

From right to left at JAFB Wooster brewery

CREAM ALE great easy drinking beer that has low bitterness and finished slightly sweet

JAF IPA loved this beer beautiful hop aroma

Coffee porter nice beer good balance of roasty/toasty/coffee flavours very enjoyable

Esb definitely worth a try

So many more beers but I didn't have enough time!!
Would have liked to have tried their barrel aged Russian imperial stout..

Highly recommended little brewery!!!!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400068102.486865.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400068355.625371.jpg

Too bad I've been busy getting two cars fixed to pass e-check. Would've liked to have joined you. not that much of a ride from here.

Back