A place to store my kegs...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johow

Reaction score
I haven't bought the kegs yet nor anything else towords the goal of kegging except this storage box. Got a pretty good deal on it so here's where I start. I'm shopping for a few 5 gallon cornies if anybody knows of a good deal. I tried looking at "Adventures in Hombrewing" but it seems that their site is down or something.
Anyway,

image.jpg

AIH has a standing 4/$199.99 deal if you want used ball locks. I have all 4 of mine thru them, all used, all with a new set of o rings thrown in. They all needed a good cleaning and one looks like it got hit by a truck but they all work great once you swap out the o rings. Keep them in mind if you want used ball locks.

I just bought 2 pin lock kegs with connections for both from homebrewsupply.

Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 10.13.19 PM.png

I ended up getting a slimline torpedo keg from morebeer. Haven't put anything in it yet but I got something brewing. I'll probably not do a fancy keezer collar for a while until I get another keg or so. I'll just use a picnic faucet for a while. Gotta watch the budget as I'm a fixed income retiree.

AIH has a standing 4/$199.99 deal if you want used ball locks. I have all 4 of mine thru them, all used, all with a new set of o rings thrown in. They all needed a good cleaning and one looks like it got hit by a truck but they all work great once you swap out the o rings. Keep them in mind if you want used ball locks.

Its not "Standing" by any means... It comes and goes...when I tried 2 weeks ago they wanted 239.00 for 4.. They got no sale from me. But I see its back at 199.00 w/ free shipping today...Hold your breath until you get through checkout though, that's when they changed the deal on me.

I called them on it...the dude said " oh that sale was very popular its no longer available." "Best I can do is 239.00"

Its not "Standing" by any means... It comes and goes...when I tried 2 weeks ago they wanted 239.00 for 4.. They got no sale from me. But I see its back at 199.00 w/ free shipping today...Hold your breath until you get through checkout though, that's when they changed the deal on me.

I called them on it...the dude said " oh that sale was very popular its no longer available." "Best I can do is 239.00"

Interesting. Thanks for the tip. That's rather surprising since it seems to be on their website every time I go there and they're usually really straight forward dudes. They're my local shop and I order online from work and pick stuff up on my way home all the time. I've never had problems with them so hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come. Full disclosure I bought my used kegs 1 at a time so I never dealt with this specific deal.

Latest posts

Back