A novice in need of help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunderteh

Reaction score
Hello brewers! I'm a young student who wants to drink much more acceptable and affordable alcohol. I've been brewing my own batch for 4 months. I was brewing with Brewer's yeast and with %100 fruit juice, mainly apple with airlock system. But lately I've little blurred vision and there is a lot of deaths because of homebrewed alcohol lately and I am kinda worried little bit. I was just wondering is my brewing style or what I use is dangerous? Also I am open to any advise for better brew :D.(also I already got doctor appointment)

Deaths? Can you find a single death that doesn’t come from a source like the tabloid front page?

Brewing beer is safe. You might make something that tastes disgusting that you don’t want to drink, but it’s not going to kill you unless you put an extreme stupidity factor in there with effort.

Apple juice from the campus store with yeast though isn’t beer. I’m not going to comment on the quality or safety of something I don’t know.

Havent heard of anyone kicking the bucket from drinking homebrew either.
sounds like your making prison hooch. watch out for mold and trust your taste buds.
if it tastes nasty dont drink it.

people are dying from distilling and drinking the wrong alcohol kiddo. theres no way your blurred vision is due to something being only yeast fermented and not distilled.

Back