A moment of silence, please.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonkHeDo

Reaction score
ohthehumanity.jpg

The crash scared the crap out of my 16-month old baby girl too. So we had a good cry together. :D

No, I always wear shoes to bottle cause I'm on my feet so much and I need the support.

They were my own. My first IPA, AND the first all-grain batch where I hit all my numbers. Thankfully I only lost 6. This is gonna be a tasty one. :)

:(Feel for ya dude, I dropped a full 5 gal carboy on the way to my basement

Bummer.

OK, how did it happen?

Well, I keep my bottles in old 12-pack boxes (as you can see) in the furnace/water heater room downstairs. My water heater bit the dust this past Sunday and flooded that room, which weakened the bottom of the box. So when I picked them up the bottom fell out; all 12 bottles hit the tile floor, but only six broke.

Yeah you know what else sucks!!!

photobottles.jpg

That was seven! 4 Apocalypso (which are amazing) and three Double Chocolate Stout (which need a little more aging)

This was after I told my buddy make sure you're careful when you open that door I heard the beer slide over.

So I proceed to open that door and crash!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I keep my bottles in old 12-pack boxes (as you can see) in the furnace/water heater room downstairs. My water heater bit the dust this past Sunday and flooded that room, which weakened the bottom of the box. So when I picked them up the bottom fell out; all 12 bottles hit the tile floor, but only six broke.

Wow!

You need to go and reinforce all your beer boxes with good packing tape now.

Chock it up to a learning experience.

Gee that picture looks familiar, except the beer was darker :)... I lost 5 bottles of irish stout when a 6pack holder gave out.

So sad.... good no one was hurt... broken glass vs. me...
Glass = 1 ... me bleed
I use crates to transport and store bottles.... paper and cardboard just are not trust worthy

Back