A Good Day At the Office...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkewedBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Today was a pretty good day, barring the fact that I'm working at night.

I brewed an IPA earlier this morning and then when I got to work it got even better.

A guy I work with travels to Wisconsin a lot and I had heard of this beer from Furthermore Brewery that is brewed with black pepper, called Knot Sock, and I asked him to pick me up a sixer.

Well, as I have done some graphic design work for him for free, he decided to bring me 39 bottles of beer from different WI breweries... awesome...

Now I just have to wait to get home tonight to try them.

Picture_5.jpg

Picture_3.jpg

There is:

A six pack of:
Rush River The Unforgiven
Rush River Bubblejack IPA
Ale Asylum Ambergeddon
Furthermore Knot Sock
Central Waters Glacial Trail IPA
Tyranena Rockys Revenge Bourbon Barrel Brown Ale

Singles:

Man's Best Friend Lazy Mutt Farmhouse Ale
Lakefront Cream City
Lakefront Eastside

Awesome...

Our favorite session beer at our house is Lakefront Brewery's Cream City. It's a nice malt and hops balanced APA (all cascade hops). My house pale ale is based on that beer. Too bad you only got one! :D

Nice haul!

Let me know what you think of the Knot Stock, I have been thinking of brewing a beer based on that for quite a while.

Ya, the guy is definitely cool, he's one of those genuinely nice people you rarely meet, and even more rarely get to work with.

The Knot Sock was good, definitely different/unique, and definitely done correctly.

The pepper was there but it wasn't dominating the flavor profile. It hit more in the back end and stuck there in the after taste. It also added a spicy dimension to it, like some really strong hops can do. It was a good compliment to the hops, actually.

It definitely isn't a session beer and it is pretty much only for people who like black pepper, but its worth a try. Its definitely a "novelty" beer that is actually done correctly.

Back