A Full Chamber is a Wonderous Sight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron1983

Reaction score
Its been a while before I have been able to do this, but my fermentation chamber is full. Dunkel on the left, ESB on the right. Life is good in my home brew world. Thought i'd share!

1412385755107.jpg

As they say across the pond, "Piss off!". As we say here, nice setup, I wish I had one too.:p
I was wondering is "A full chamber a wonderful sight" a euphemism? But in order to see that you would have to POV it, and then it would my word against hers...

Yes, indeed. My ferm chamber is also full - two 5-gallon buckets of beer and two 1-gallon jugs of cider. I'd post a picture but my ferm chamber looks remarkably like a bathtub full of swamp coolers.

I would have to agree, although since my chamber can only fit one carboy, they're spilling into the extra bathroom...

Oah man...that is awesome.

Another pic for the "why not to get your husband into brewing" calendar....this and that pic I saw of a 15 g MT in the dishwasher!

Someone should collect all the crazy ones and make the calendar.

Wow, those are some serious blow-off tubes!

The tubing is so rigid that they didnt want to stay submerged in the mason jars, so I improvised... Best part is how easy they are to clean afterwards. Take apart, soak in some hot, soapy water, and run the brush through it.

I totally agree with the OP. I tried to maximize my limited space here, but things started getting a little precarious... With some, er, creative positioning, I bet a few more could have fit in there, right?

2014-07-16 20.49.59.jpg

I got some room in mine still...

I've been on the fence lately about mainly fermenting in a 1/2 bbl (I brew 10 gal at a time). I think I know the answer, but when it comes to ease of use and whatnot, how much do you prefer the keg fermenter over carboys?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I just got my hands on a GE 7.2 cubic foot chest freezer for 160 pretty much brand new. I test fitted the buckets today. I can fit 2 in there plus room on the hump.....let the temp controlling begin...:rockin::D:mug:

I totally agree with the OP. I tried to maximize my limited space here, but things started getting a little precarious... With some, er, creative positioning, I bet a few more could have fit in there, right?

Woah, looks precarious indeed. Are those 3 on top just resting glass-on-glass/wedged against the wall? I applaud the enthusiasm, but wouldn't trust it personally...

Dang that is cool. Hope she doesn't come tumbling on down!

12 Gallons of hef sharing the chamber with 10 gallons Alaskan Amber Kolsh Klone bottle konditioning

IMG_1678-001.JPG

Woah, looks precarious indeed. Are those 3 on top just resting glass-on-glass/wedged against the wall? I applaud the enthusiasm, but wouldn't trust it personally...

Yep, those were simply stacked on top. It was such a snug fit that the configuration of 6 different IPA's and 3 ciders was surprisingly stable. Kind of a house of cards, but with beer :D

I've been on the fence lately about mainly fermenting in a 1/2 bbl (I brew 10 gal at a time). I think I know the answer, but when it comes to ease of use and whatnot, how much do you prefer the keg fermenter over carboys?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I love it, they're indestructible, but heavy. In my new setup i never move the fermenters at all; I have a 14' transfer hose that I use to fill the sankes from the brew kettle on the other side of the room. I use Bobby's (www.brewhardware.com) sanke fermenter kits now as well. It's a triclover rig with a thermowell and a 1/2" mpt thread. When fermenting, I run a high flow elbow with 1/2" tubing into a growler of sanitizer. When racking, which is fun, I take that off and thread on a 'T' fitting with a racking cane compression fitting through the top, and a corny keg gas post on the side. Completely CO2 driven racking. The racking cane runs 1/2" for a few feet, then splits into 2 lengths of 3/8" with liquid posts on them. Hook these to two kegs. Then attach a gas post with tubing running into sanitizer for venting to each keg.

I use hot PBW and the big carboy cleaner (that attaches to a drill) to clean em out afterwards.

I love it, they're indestructible, but heavy. In my new setup i never move the fermenters at all; I have a 14' transfer hose that I use to fill the sankes from the brew kettle on the other side of the room. I use Bobby's (www.brewhardware.com) sanke fermenter kits now as well. It's a triclover rig with a thermowell and a 1/2" mpt thread. When fermenting, I run a high flow elbow with 1/2" tubing into a growler of sanitizer. When racking, which is fun, I take that off and thread on a 'T' fitting with a racking cane compression fitting through the top, and a corny keg gas post on the side. Completely CO2 driven racking. The racking cane runs 1/2" for a few feet, then splits into 2 lengths of 3/8" with liquid posts on them. Hook these to two kegs. Then attach a gas post with tubing running into sanitizer for venting to each keg.

I use hot PBW and the big carboy cleaner (that attaches to a drill) to clean em out afterwards.

This might be my next move then. I have my system set up now to do co2 racking, I think the only thing I would need is a longer racking cane. I have one of the drill-driven carboy cleaners as well... Love that thing.

I like the simplicity of reducing two fermenters to one, and the fact that its way more durable. I will be able to convert two more carboys to dedicated sour vessels, and hopefully have a sour on tap year round!

Back