A first look at the Brewzilla 65L 240v USA version

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so they do seem to be based on a big coffee urn, at least the base/element part. The integration and all in one is appealing though and people appear to like brewing with them. The element are also integrated and not replaceable which is a con, but still might be worth a try if I'm trying to downsize and reduce equipment.

so they do seem to be based on a big coffee urn, at least the base/element part. The integration and all in one is appealing though and people appear to like brewing with them. The element are also integrated and not replaceable which is a con, but still might be worth a try if I'm trying to downsize and reduce equipment.
I just found out about this. You're right they are very appealing. One earlier post mentioned putting something similar together on their own, but I don't see how you could touch anything that does what this does for the cost. To build your own Brew in a basket one vessel system you have to Source all the individual components and some sort of a control box. Yes you would then have something Superior that you could upgrade or replace elements if they failed, but at what cost? Not saying I'm not interested, but show me something that I can put together myself with this capacity for less than $1,000. And with a stainless steel basket, not a nylon bag.

BTW, one could run this thing off 2 x 120VAC 15A circuits by building a converter cable and then finding 2 plugs that are on opposite legs in the panel.

I thought about this but after seeing the 30A plug on the BZ I hesitated.
Now, running the numbers is looks like the heating elements, 2400w, will pull 10-11 amps at 240-220v.
I'm going to assume the pump isn't very much.
I have two locations in my garage that has separate 20A 120/1/60 receptacles next to each other.
Which means I could be brewing this weekend AND be able to brew in a couple of spots in the garage instead of having one dedicated outlet.

I only have 110v outlet in my facility. How do I use the 65l, 220v digiboil? Please help me with suggestions. The plug itself is so different.

I only have 110v outlet in my facility. How do I use the 65l, 220v digiboil? Please help me with suggestions. The plug itself is so different.
You need to run a 20 amp gfci circuit from your panel and finish with a wall receptacle that matches the plug on your bruiser

So I have been an electrician for almost 15 years and have never installed a outlet like this one. It’s little brother is used on many older vacuum systems. Why not just switch out the cord? I have several 105c cords in my garage if temp is the issue. The voltage drop at my house with a 50 extension cord drops the voltage al little more then 2 volts putting me at 241.

Curious if anyone knows if the Brewzilla 65 liter can be had w/o their pump and/or chiller. Also, anyone know if a copper distillation hood can be found for it, as opposed to their stainless one?

Curious if anyone knows if the Brewzilla 65 liter can be had w/o their pump and/or chiller. Also, anyone know if a copper distillation hood can be found for it, as opposed to their stainless one?
lots of them avalible direct from manufacturers in china on alibaba. they would also be the ones to ask about custom configurations.... 40l 60l Stainless Steel All In One Brewing System Beer Brewing Equipment - Buy 40 60 Liter Beer Machinery Fermenting Equipment,Homebrew Mini Electric Mash Tun Automated Brewing Pot,Single Vessel Home Brewing Pot Micro Brewery Product on Alibaba.com I've been quoted as little as $70 each for the robobrew.

https://www.alibaba.com/trade/searc...ome+brewing+electric&materialId=1023419769447
also heres another good repurposed hot water urn alternative..
https://kegfactory.com/collections/...ducts/digiboil-electric-kettle-65l-17-1g-220v

Not from Kegland. I wish it didn’t come with the chiller, now I have two stainless coils and nothing to do with them.

Yeah, looked at some gear on AliExpress (Alibaba) and purchased a fancy column there to put together a cheap system for testing distillate recipes at a bud's meadery (where his licensing covers ltd. spirit production), but I was also trying to replace my previous AG Blichmann set-up that I gifted to my S-I-L (what was I thinking?) so I can still make me some beers.
It's complicated... lol

Gonna go poke around there some more I guess. Found copper domes for the smaller units, just nothing for the 65 L. so far.

Also, haven't seen one of these IRL, but I take it that there's no hack for replacing the elements? Not a big deal at those prices I suppose, but I hate disposable.

I have some other options, including three commercial 25 gallon s/s pots that had been crab steamers. Each has eight 7/16" holes near the bottom that I had intended to have plug welded, but haven't found a competent welder who can or will do it right. My original thought was to go back to an all electric three pot set-up, but the mobility of the all-in-one is tough to beat for my newly intended use (plus I don't need anything that big). Meanwhile, I'm beerless, so gettin' antsy to just grab something and get back to brewing so I can drink while I cogitate on this further. Paralysis through analysis.

Just to add more confusion, a bud told me the other day about a small jacketed steam kettle left-over from a food processor auction for cheap, so too many variables to contemplate w/o a beer in hand. ;)

Back