• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Virginia 9.2 Gallon Stout Kettles HERMS system propane or electric

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxstar21

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Due to divorce I need to downsize my home brewery. I have a 9.2 gallon system for making 5 galln batches. Tons of tri-clover fittings, 3 propane tanks, 3 pumps and two burners. My plate chiller got clogged on my last brew day and I got rid of it. I do have the stainless immersion chiller than is shown in the picture. At this time I am not parting out unless somebody wants to buy only the three kettles.

I used propane to brew, but had planned to go electric one day. The HLT and boil kettle have ports for a heating element, but have tri-clover caps on them for use with propane now.

Also included is the small I think 1 gallon tank that I was going to play around with as a way oversized hop back or wort grant but never got around to doing.

I am asking $1500 for everything, I invested quite a bit more in the whole system, but need to get rid of it. I can't ship it obviously, but I am willing to drive a reasonable distance if somebody is seriously interested.

Attachments

• system.jpg
    system.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 571
  • fittings 2.jpg
    fittings 2.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 563
  • fittings.jpg
    fittings.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 558
  • boil kettle.jpg
    boil kettle.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 571
  • HLT.jpg
    HLT.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 584
  • mash tun.jpg
    mash tun.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 566
If you're parting out, what will the kettles go for?

Last edited:
I would probably do $1000 for all the kettles to get them out. I believe I paid $600 or a little more for just the HLT. They might be 9.8 gallon. I see they sell both sizes. I want to sell them all as a set since they would be harder to part out.

Man... what a steal!! I can't believe no one has jumped on this. I am tempted to buy everything but the kettles and the hop back, just to have a back-up pump and the extra pieces lying around. What would you wawnt for all of the TC accessories and one of your pumps?

I can't part out unless I can get rid of the kettles. I need to downsize due to divorce. I feel my price is pretty low/reasonable, but I just need to get rid of it for space considerations. If I can find someone who just wants the kettles I will let you know.

I will do $600 for the 3 kettles, no fittings included except for what connects the HERMS coil to the HLT inside and the mash screen and sight glass for HLT.

Last edited:
I will sell other stuff too, I will just need some time to decide how I want to package it up and price it. I will prefer local pick up depending on the interest. Can't ship kettles though.

Back