750ml Unibroue bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradmont

Reaction score
I have a number of 750ml Unibroue bottles around, and I'd like to use them to bottle my current batch. They come corked with a wire frame to hold the cork down, and the reading I've done says you need to use belgian corks and a floor corker to cork these. I have a bag of regular wine corks and a hand-held corker (the kind where you squeeze two handles together and push a lever down on top), and I can cork an empty bottle fine with this -- is there something I'm missing here? I mean, is there some reason this won't work for my beer?

I use plastic champagne corks, a rubber mallet, and cages and they work well for me, I cant advise on using standard corks, except the cages will not fit properly.

I'm pretty sure wine corks are too small. If you can get them in and get a cork on I guess I don't see why that wouldn't work. Its possible the wine cork is too narrow and won't create a good enough seal in the phase where the carbonation is building

Back