500ml amber flip top bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airplanedoc

Reaction score
My dad came by a couple days ago and had a 500ml amber flip top bottle for me. He got them at ALDI, they have sparkling pumpkin cider (it was better with some bourbon mixed in) for $1.99. The stuff wasn't horrible so I swung by and picked up a few for myself, just so I could get the bottles.

The labels float right off in the sink as well.

Aldi's....
I'll have to stop and see if the Aldis near Canandaigua, NY has any sparkling pumpkin cider.
My favorite bottles are the German 500ml flip lids.

+1 on the German beer labels coming off easy!

No cider left at Aldi's.:(

Though Trader Joe's has some Italian beer in 500ml flip lid amber bottles ($2.99).

1. Nero's Apecchio Red Ale. Okay beer, not my type, wouldn't buy again.

2. Nero's 1st Century Double Dark Malt Ale. Not me, wouldn't buy again.

Labels floated right off in hot water, nice shaped bottles, I like the empty bottles a lot. :)

The few flip tops in my collection are former Virgil's root beer bottles. They cost an arm and a leg, so you wouldn't want to try to get 40 bottles that way, but if you ever want to treat yourself to the best root beer float you have ever had and end up with a sweet flip top, stop by Whole Foods and pick a bottle up and the highest quality vanilla ice cream you can find.

Edit to add: I just checked out my LHBS website, and they are apparently selling 500ml flip tops with "a better seal and a better price" for $22.00 per 12; not a bad price. No free beer inside, but almost low enough to justify buying bottles rather than choking down bad Italian beer.

Trader Joe's in Pittsford, NY has dropped the price on the two Italian beers in 500ml flip lid bottles from $2.99 down to $2.49 each.

I thought what the heck, and bought 4 of the Double Dark Malt Ales.
(I really like the size and shape of the bottles) :eek:

No cider left at Aldi's.:(

Though Trader Joe's has some Italian beer in 500ml flip lid amber bottles ($2.99).

1. Nero's Apecchio Red Ale. Okay beer, not my type, wouldn't buy again.

2. Nero's 1st Century Double Dark Malt Ale. Not me, wouldn't buy again.

Labels floated right off in hot water, nice shaped bottles, I like the empty bottles a lot. :)

Bought these same two at Trader Joe's today for $1.99 each. Drinking the Double Dark Malt Ale. It's not great, but it's drinkable. The bottle is awesome! I figure the bottle would probably cost $2 at a homebrew shop, but this one came with beer in it.

Back